By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [ANNOUNCEMENT] Mod Team Update - March 2018

So we're back to one head mod! Hail our new overlord Miguel_Zorro!

Hopefully, the task doesn't weigh on you too much since this was the reason it became a three man job back in the days where Smeags, axumblade and myself ruled with an iron fist.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Shall we make a betting pool on how long he lasts as solo headmod?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:

Perhaps you'll find out once we announce those particular Mods. ;p

I guess deputy mods will have to carry the drawbacks of the head mod position while getting none of its benefits. The deputy mods will get a fancy title to feel good about themselves though.

I can confirm those benefits are pretty much non-existent.

Edit - Yep, what axum said.

RolStoppable said:
axumblade said:

So as far as being able to promote someone to head moderator, that was not an ability I was given as the head moderator. The page for the moderators was very makeshift. It is on a list of things the mod team have talked to Talonman about to make things work more fluidly on the site. I will recommend him put an option for head moderator to be able to promote and demote head moderators if that makes it work better. 

As far as promoting moderators go, the head mod does have access to this menu but because a few people in other positions now have the ability to make themselves moderators, if a head mod leaves for an extended amount of time, onw of the deputies will be able to gain access to these powers. 

Part of the problem was that Kantor and I disappeared around the same time and he was the deputy mod. I don't recall if the mod add/remove feature was active at the time but trust me, I have apologized to Smeags (and the other mods) and thanked them when I did return. 

I'll give you that the circumstances have changed since the nightmare Smeags had to manage, so the concerns with only having a single head moderator aren't the same anymore.

The concern today is why should anyone be in favor of a single head moderator over the previous system of multiple head moderators. What do we as a community gain from such a change?

On the other hand, the possible drawback is obvious: If only one person is head moderator and starts to abuse the position, then we could be in for some rough times.

If i read between the lines : someone like Talonman

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Acevil said:

hehe :D brought a smile to my face!

I see you are still here Acevil :)

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Zekkyou. now that's a name i haven't heard in a long long time..

This reminds me...didnt you and Zekkyou become mods the same time :?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Zekkyou. now that's a name i haven't heard in a long long time..

This reminds me...didnt you and Zekkyou become mods the same time :?

Uhh. I'm not quite sure if it was the same time or not.  Maybe

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

axumblade said:
RolStoppable said:

I'll give you that the circumstances have changed since the nightmare Smeags had to manage, so the concerns with only having a single head moderator aren't the same anymore.

The concern today is why should anyone be in favor of a single head moderator over the previous system of multiple head moderators. What do we as a community gain from such a change?

On the other hand, the possible drawback is obvious: If only one person is head moderator and starts to abuse the position, then we could be in for some rough times.

As far as the community gaining anything, with Miguel in control, it won't be much different than it has been these past few months where he has been in control. I am sure he will do what I did when Kantor was deputy and discuss bigger decisions with whomever gets the role (as well as the workload that comes with the role). 

As for the other hand, I feel like Miguel isn't going to immediately promote someone to the role of deputy that is new to the mod team and I am certain he will find someone capable to be the deputy mod in case he ever leaves. So the chances of a head mod going on a powertrip aren't thaat high. But if it does happen, the community could always have a riot and bombard talon with messages until he has finally had it and nukes the head mods account. (I have been planning to use this tactic on Miguel since I decided to step down). 

This comes back to the point what happens when Talonman gets drunk and decides to ban you all

CGI-Quality said:
axumblade said:

As far as the community gaining anything, with Miguel in control, it won't be much different than it has been these past few months where he has been in control. I am sure he will do what I did when Kantor was deputy and discuss bigger decisions with whomever gets the role (as well as the workload that comes with the role). 

As for the other hand, I feel like Miguel isn't going to immediately promote someone to the role of deputy that is new to the mod team and I am certain he will find someone capable to be the deputy mod in case he ever leaves. So the chances of a head mod going on a powertrip aren't thaat high. But if it does happen, the community could always have a riot and bombard talon with messages until he has finally had it and nukes the head mods account. (I have been planning to use this tactic on Miguel since I decided to step down). 

Seriously. We get accused of power trips even without those powers. :P

Well lets be honest you do enjoy waving that green willy in faces of rulebreakers or supposed rulebreakers

Edit : carl has the same tendency

RolStoppable said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

One deputy will be entirely responsible for working with Rolstoppable.

Congratulations to Bristow are in order then.

That would make his drinking of rum all the more understandable.