By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why is the United States so segregated?

Only country in the world so many different kinds of people live together. If you live in like Switzerland, and its 95% white people there's little to be racist about.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network

So from what I can understand...

Comparisons between the Brazil and USA are valid in many regards. Comparable areas and populations, ended slavery latter in the 1800's, large surges of European immigrants around 1900, and so on.

Looking at it with lackluster knowledge of Brazil, I think that one benefit Brazil might have is the concept of a "Multiracial" group. In the USA, we've rarely ever acknowkledged one of these existing, outside of some recent censuses. Back in the day, somebody with mixed heritage in the USA was either treated as one race or the other, usually black or white, on a legal and social level. In Brazil, it seems the mixed race concept predated independence, and included aboriginal populations as well. Point being, there is a long social and legal history of races meeting, mixing, and so on. And it has historically been about as prominent as "White" Brazilians. In the USA, the binary continued until 1990, when the census first acknowledged that people with multiple races exist.

Thinking about it, even some things that improved quality of lives in the USA might have helped. Education of blacks in the USA from around 1870 into the 1950's was based around creating schools separate from those that taught white students. The black community largely supported this because they did not trust white teachers. And ultimately, these schools did a decent job at providing necessary education. But they closed no divides.

Love and tolerate.

LuccaCardoso1 said:
pokoko said:
300 million people and you're able to tell us what most of them are like? That kind of arrogance is impressive.

That's what I meant with the last paragraph. I'm not calling people racist because they're American. Of course, there are racist Americans out there (see neonazi groups), but what I'm calling racist is the American culture. I'm not blaming people from the US, I'm just asking them to reflect about the subject.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that cultural differentiation within one country is the same as racism?  

Que babaquice.

Ka-pi96 said:
jason1637 said:

After reading your reply I did a quick Google search of racism in the UK and it definitely exists.

http://www.dw.com/en/is-the-uks-racist-hate-crime-problem-out-of-control/a-40935838

https://graziadaily.co.uk/life/real-life/racism-discrimination-uk/

hmm, it's different though. There seems to be much less of a divide between white people and black people here in the UK.

Here it seems to be much more about nationality and/or religion instead of race, so the term "racism" perhaps isn't technically correct. Lately it's been almost entirely anti-Muslim, although before that it was largely an anti-Eastern European thing. Both of those can be, and in the case of Eastern Europeans are almost entirely, white, so it's not strictly about race. More of an anti-foreigner mentality than an anti-other racial groups one.

There should be even more of a divide, a lot of black migrants come to the UK came with absolutely nothing, have gained little education, yet are living in expensive areas where the white working class could only dream of living.

As for nationality or religion, the leftie media throng everything to the forefront to make Muslims look the victims... Look at rape stats for the UK, the black / Muslim in white sexual assaults are an utter disgrace. 1,400+ kids groomed in Rotherham alone, to Pakistani men!! Several terrorist attacks on the host nation with many fatalities... Why are Muslims the victims here? They blow us up, then become the victims. They rape o abuse children and they become the victims. What a farce!

If you want to see racism on your terms, look at Muslim nations, the most intolerant sh1t-holes on Earth. Eastern Europe, where Third World migrants aren't even accepted. Japan, the one race nation!

The UK has a means tested benefit system, so migrants are fighting to get here with their begging bowls in full flow, knowing damn well they'll be molly coddled for life, whilst converting their colonies into no-go, unwelcoming areas for white Brits.. If we complain, we're racist.

In their home nations, we'd be persecuted beyond belief.

Around the Network

Not that racist, everyone has equility under the law. In a truly racist country the opressed race wouldn't have the same rights.

CaptainExplosion said:
Arminillo said:
Only country in the world so many different kinds of people live together. If you live in like Switzerland, and its 95% white people there's little to be racist about.

I don't like the implications of what you just said.

Racism is an inherent prejudice. People dont like people who are different from them, the key is whether it grows into something more sinister.

EDIT: I realize now you are referring to the white aspect of my post. Its the same in Japan or other monoracial countries.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

KingCherry said:
adisababa said:
US is still alright for the most part, but UK is a whole other beast. Over there, I've been told to get out of the metro twice, once by some old drunk and second by a group of teens because of my ethnicity, granted they were mostly drunks but it still isn't a comfortable feeling when you're told that.

I actually think you're talking rubbish, I don't believe that one for one second... Unless you're white and the group of teens were black, etc... The UK is a whole other Beast???

If you're trying to imply the UK, a totally submissive nation who's being tarred with every brush for the sake of it, has more race problems than the USA, then you're utterly deluded or just a sh1t-stirrer!

Lol, chill out. I don't care if you believe me, these are my experiences and I wouldn't lie about them. I have encountered more racist people or at least more publicly racist people in the UK than in the US. I just wanted to put forth my opinion that the US isn't all that racist at least based on my experiences, you can choose to not believe it and that's fine but no need to get all patriotic and throw out random salt filled accusations. 

The news here just makes us out to be that way, imo. Every chance they get, they bring race into the picture.

pastro243 said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

I still don't exactly understand what "latino" should mean as a "race". Tecnically, latinos are people born in Latin America, but that's so damn broad! There are people born in Latin America from every ethnic group.

I also think it includes people from latin countries such as Italy, Spain, Portugal and France. But I don't know, I always get confused by those terms in USA. 

"latino" is refered to latinamerican people, and that is all.  If you say to an Italian/Spaniard/French/Portuguese "latino" he will bitchslap you hahaha!!