By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: More Focus On 1st Party Titles

twintail said:
KBG29 said:
I just hope they have huge efforts for AAA PSVR games. I want to see what a Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Guerilla Games, and Polyphony Digital can do with 100% efforts focused on VR development. TLOU, GOW, Killzone/Horizon, and GT will see incredible advancements once they move to VR. It truly is the largest step forward in the history of the industry.

Maybe for ps6, but would be nice.

I hope we don't have to wait that long. My target output from SIEWWS is 50% traditional and 50% VR by PS5. I would hope the top teams move on to continue to deliver the most advanced gaming experiences possible, while the smaller studios continue to deliver industry leading traditional experiences. I know they have to strike a good balance to keep the current traditional gaming base, while also expanding into the new VR sector. As someone that has been dreaming of something like VR for as long as I can remember, I lean very heavy towards the main focus being on VR though.

DialgaMarine said:
Hopefully this means they’re going to explore some more MP-heavy titles again. The story-based SP ones are top notch, but I miss games like Resistance, MAG, and Starhawk, when Sony was Sony was putting out stellar multiplayer titles on top of stellar stories.

So true. Warhawk and MAG were two of my favorite games last generation. So far this gen Killzone SF and Destiny are the only two online games I have been able to enjoy, but I havn't enjoyed either of them as much as Warhawk and MAG. Another fully focused online effort from SIEWWS would be a nice addition to the PS4, and PlayStation in general.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Nope. It starts with a P and ends in a Pro. I don't know why i'd want to keep a box, though. 

you always keep the box! never know when you have to move out of town or something.

I‘d sign that.

Concerning the first party offers...I‘m a bit scared on what might await us at A3 tbh. And yes....after playing Moss and being blown away by the production quality, I can’t wait until we get more first party stuff for PSVR from the established studios.

I call this the Switch effect.

AlfredoTurkey said:

I've got three different names for it.

The PS4 effect.

The Horizon effect.

The Switch has absolutely nothing to do with this effect.

AlfredoTurkey said:

Have it also retroactively affected PS3 and made Sony launch a lot of 1st party games over there?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Are Sony trying to commit to some sort of exclusive each month for 2018?

January - SF:V Arcade Edition Update
February - Shadow of the Colossus
March - Bravo Team/MLB 18
April - God of War
May - Detroit
June - Patapon 2
July - Dreams
August - MediEvil
September - Spyro Trilogy
October - Spiderman
November - Days Gone
December - Death Stranding

No, I don't think this is going to happen, but it would be incredible.

deskpro2k3 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Nope. It starts with a P and ends in a Pro. I don't know why i'd want to keep a box, though. 

you always keep the box! never know when you have to move out of town or something.

I'm a box keeper too. Try to keep them for as long as I can. Since the topic came up: The PS4 Pro box is a piece of ****. The original PS4 box was much better. It had the "suitcase handle" which increased box functionality, giving the box user another transportation option. Worst Sony feature removal since they took away Other OS.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

KBG29 said:
I just hope they have huge efforts for AAA PSVR games. I want to see what a Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Guerilla Games, and Polyphony Digital can do with 100% efforts focused on VR development. TLOU, GOW, Killzone/Horizon, and GT will see incredible advancements once they move to VR. It truly is the largest step forward in the history of the industry.

Oh stop it with the fail VR. Making games for a 2m market is just gonna get studios closed.

They should make games for the 70m userbase PS4.

If you like VR, theres new technologies being worked on that sound way more promising from an australian studio. I forget the name (edit:  Euclideon ). They are working on a new technology that will solve the computation problem. Also, they don't use a freaking helmet but a pair of glasses. That has potencial. The current stuff is a dud. It's time to stop wasting time and resources on it.

Sorry, i know this triggers you and fans, but it's the truth. Place your bets on a better horse.

Last edited by Nem - on 02 March 2018

Barkley said:

Are Sony trying to commit to some sort of exclusive each month for 2018?

January - SF:V Arcade Edition Update
February - Shadow of the Colossus
March - Bravo Team/MLB 18
April - God of War
May - Detroit
June - Patapon 2
July - Dreams
August - MediEvil
September - Spyro Trilogy
October - Spiderman
November - Days Gone
December - Death Stranding

No, I don't think this is going to happen, but it would be incredible.

The Playstation Exclusive Calendar, 2018 Edition

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Nem said:
KBG29 said:

Oh stop it with the fail VR. Making games for a 2m market is just gonna get studios closed.

They should make games for the 70m userbase PS4.

If you like VR, theres new technologies being worked on that sound way more promising from an australian studio. I forget the name (edit:  Euclideon ). They are working on a new technology that will solve the computation problem. Also, they don't use a freaking helmet but a pair of glasses. That has potencial. The current stuff is a dud. It's time to stop wasting time and resources on it.

Sorry, i know this triggers you and fans, but it's the truth. Place your bets on a better horse.

And how many studios does this company have that will invest in making games for this technology? Or will they patch all to work on their system?