Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: More Focus On 1st Party Titles

They should buy a few new studios. I.would vote for Sony to buy From Software.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
twintail said:
Tmfwang said: 

So many of Sony’s studios have gone from making good games, to making GOTY material masterpieces. Days Gone dev I had never heard of, but their new game looks amazing.

Sony Bend are awesome and all but Days Gone hasnt has the best showings so far. 

I figure its getting a Battle Royale MP mode added to it. Honestly the best thing the game could have right about now 

Are you for real?! The game looks stellar. And no. Please no stupid tacked on MP mode.

New world order, Sont style. I'm a little apprehensive about this but if it means more even localization then its grand by me. I'm not sure hoe they could up there game at exclusives as they've shot for the moon and reached the stars in that regard.

China Numba wan!!

About time.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Errorist76 said:
twintail said:

I figure its getting a Battle Royale MP mode added to it. Honestly the best thing the game could have right about now 

Are you for real?! The game looks stellar. And no. Please no stupid tacked on MP mode.

Agreed, its a singleplayer game.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
twintail said:
Sweet

I'm wondering if it could also mean purchasing one or two new companies. 

Bluepoint?

Surely they already have had to been working on that regardless of this decision. Also...reserera, eek, why man? 

China Numba wan!!

Errorist76 said:
twintail said:

Yeah sure I am.  There is good tech but they haven't actually shown off a good game as of yet. Though I don't doubt it will be considering the pedigree.

And I stand by the addition of a BR mode, and that only. Like PUBG and FN, Days Gone is a 3rd person in an open world environment running on Unreal Engine. 

A BR mode will not only give Days Gone wider market appeal, it will help distinguish itself more from TloU2 (for ppl who somehow think they look alike) but it will be an effective buffer against MS having PUBG. Additionally, it can be used to push some PS4 stock in China.

I usually dont advocate the addition of MP to games, but this is one that can actually be beneficial in a variety of ways not only for the game but for Sony too. Of course, that really depends if adding BR to the game is even feasible. 

More exclusives gives more reason to own the box.

I hate to be a wet blanket but that's not really what it says in the press release. It's simply saying that Shawn Layden will focus on WWS solely due to a job description change.

Also, I'd like to say that I'm not big on small companies being absorbed by larger companies, especially since the current "2nd party" system is working so well. I don't think it's really needed unless both sides really want to make it happen and understand each other completely. Developers like Insomniac, who enjoy being independent, should stay that way.

pokoko said:
I hate to be a wet blanket but that's not really what it says in the press release. It's simply saying that Shawn Layden will focus on WWS solely due to a job description change. 

Well it says they view it as "More important than ever", so it would imply them putting more focus towards it, but yes it doesn't explicitly say they will focus more on it.

LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m