By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: More Focus On 1st Party Titles

Errorist76 said:
twintail said:

Sony Bend are awesome and all but Days Gone hasnt has the best showings so far. 

I figure its getting a Battle Royale MP mode added to it. Honestly the best thing the game could have right about now 

Are you for real?! The game looks stellar. And no. Please no stupid tacked on MP mode.

Agreed, its a singleplayer game.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

More exclusives gives more reason to own the box.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I hate to be a wet blanket but that's not really what it says in the press release. It's simply saying that Shawn Layden will focus on WWS solely due to a job description change.

Also, I'd like to say that I'm not big on small companies being absorbed by larger companies, especially since the current "2nd party" system is working so well. I don't think it's really needed unless both sides really want to make it happen and understand each other completely. Developers like Insomniac, who enjoy being independent, should stay that way.

pokoko said:
I hate to be a wet blanket but that's not really what it says in the press release. It's simply saying that Shawn Layden will focus on WWS solely due to a job description change. 

Well it says they view it as "More important than ever", so it would imply them putting more focus towards it, but yes it doesn't explicitly say they will focus more on it.

twintail said:
Errorist76 said:

Are you for real?! The game looks stellar. And no. Please no stupid tacked on MP mode.

Yeah sure I am.  There is good tech but they haven't actually shown off a good game as of yet. Though I don't doubt it will be considering the pedigree.

And I stand by the addition of a BR mode, and that only. Like PUBG and FN, Days Gone is a 3rd person in an open world environment running on Unreal Engine. 

A BR mode will not only give Days Gone wider market appeal, it will help distinguish itself more from TloU2 (for ppl who somehow think they look alike) but it will be an effective buffer against MS having PUBG. Additionally, it can be used to push some PS4 stock in China.

I usually dont advocate the addition of MP to games, but this is one that can actually be beneficial in a variety of ways not only for the game but for Sony too. Of course, that really depends if adding BR to the game is even feasible. 

I strongly doubt the calculation of those Zombie hordes will even be able to do in a MP game. 

Around the Network
Barkley said:
pokoko said:

Well it says they view it as "More important than ever", so it would imply them putting more focus towards it, but yes it doesn't explicitly say they will focus more on it.

Hahaha I love your sig. Classic Azz

twintail said:
Errorist76 said:

I strongly doubt the calculation of those Zombie hordes will even be able to do in a MP game. 

What exactly have the zombies got to do with a BR mode?

If the can be included on a small scale, then cool for something unique.  But not exactly required. 

So you want a Zombie game without Zombies?! I hate stupid exploitation shit like that. Go away.

Especially if it's just copy cat crap.

Barkley said:
pokoko said:

Which is pretty much a standard line for press releases.  There is really nothing there that indicates they'll be expanding or increasing their budget or many of the other things people are speculating about.  Doesn't mean they won't, obviously, but those would all be complete assumptions at this point.

Woo. More exclusives. Hurray for "anti-consumerism" ;)

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

John2290 said:

Surely they already have had to been working on that regardless of this decision. Also...reserera, eek, why man? 

For the same reason I joined GAF: The insider information. Other than that ... the occasional decent comment. 

The PS5 Exists.