By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: More Focus On 1st Party Titles

Azuren said:

The latter.

My bad. Oh Azuren, Why do I ever doubt the quality of your posts? 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Azuren said:

The latter.

My bad. Oh Azuren, Why do I ever doubt the quality of your posts? 

I could say why, but it might start a flame war.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Qwark said:
They should buy a few new studios. I.would vote for Sony to buy From Software.

Microsoft should do it. 

Gross. The very idea.....I feel like I need to watch some chainsaw beheading videos to cleanse my psychological palate.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:

Microsoft should do it. 

Gross. The very idea.....I feel like I need to watch some chainsaw beheading videos to cleanse my psychological palate.

I just said that to point out the hypocrisy that people jizz themselves over Sony buying out third parties. If Sony ever bought out From Soft that would suck ass. 

If they did ended up looking to buy a new studio they should definitely look into buying Kojimas new Studio.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:

I just said that to point out the hypocrisy that people jizz themselves over Sony buying out third parties. If Sony ever bought out From Soft that would suck ass. 

Fair enough, but the damage is done.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Sweet! I say go for it......heck they have been doing fine anyway from what I have seen lol. So stepping it up even more can't hurt! Can't wait to see what they come up with!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

COKTOE said:

So far Sony-funded FromSoftware has invented the Soulsborne genre (Demon's Souls), followed by the best Soulsborne title (Bloodborne). Microsoft has practically no history with them, and instead has a propensity to shut down studios it purchases.

I think we can all agree it would be objectively better for Sony to buy From than it would for MS to do so.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

So far Sony-funded FromSoftware has invented the Soulsborne genre (Demon's Souls), followed by the best Soulsborne title (Bloodborne). Microsoft has practically no history with them, and instead has a propensity to shut down studios it purchases.

I think we can all agree it would be objectively better for Sony to buy From than it would for MS to do so.

For sure. It's still not optimal. 

So less money on exclusive content deals for third party games?
Less money on subsidizing indie devs?
More resources for first party devs?
Aqcuire/create more in-house devs?

I'm sure the answer to all of these is a "general" yes, but I'd really love details on how they plan to focus this effort.

4 ≈ One