By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Chrono Trigger now available for PC via Steam

People on Twitter are like "Switch port now!", and I'm sitting here looking at this horrible lazy ass port job.

Half the controls are basically ripped straight from the mobile version, with the other half working on the gamepad. The sprite work has also been butchered, and the opening scene was janky as hell. This has got to be the laziest port job I've ever seen from SE. No wonder they stealth released it.

never refunded a game so quickly. Shame on you Square.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
People on Twitter are like "Switch port now!", and I'm sitting here looking at this horrible lazy ass port job.

Half the controls are basically ripped straight from the mobile version, with the other half working on the gamepad. The sprite work has also been butchered, and the opening scene was janky as hell. This has got to be the laziest port job I've ever seen from SE. No wonder they stealth released it.

Thanks for sharing so I don't waste my time on this. Went from surprised to disappointed as expected real quick...

Looks like it.. they failed at surprise release real quickly.

Steam ID: Quakecore89 / GOG: AMDFX89 / Xbox Live Tag: QUAKEcore89 / NS: SW-7937-5976-6855 / PSN ID: Quakecore89-

Current PC: Ryzen 7 3700X/32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM/GTX 1660 Super/Crucial 250GB SATA M.2+Corsair 1TB NVMe)

Chazore said:
OH MY GOD.

Like for real, that caught me completely off guard. Holy shit it's real...

SE just made my year.

Chazore said:

This might be the most depressing turn of events I have seen on this entire website.

What's sad is  that this is what kept me from finishing Final Fantasy 7 on PC. The control prompts just said stuff like "press the [action] button". Eventually there was so many different buttons with a confusing layout that I just said fuck it.

Can't see how people can keep getting excited about re-releases for the 3rd or 4th time. If you can, more power to you but I just can't. They just keep repacking the same stuff and selling it as a new experience and it's getting annoying. This is probably Square's way of again saying, "we'll never do a 3D remake of the game by our main studios, so have this...again." Hm...pass. I'll just listen to a ripped version of Mitsuda's remastered soundtrack if it really has improved. It's like getting off to the same video for years...who can do that!?

Around the Network

I never grow tired of playing Chrono Trigger. It's my favorite game.

Chazore said:

really? Aww, that's dissapointing. I hope they remember the DS version for consoles, that was a very solid upgrade.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I would have really liked to get the game, but looking at the port I don't think I'll be in any hurry to do so. Shame really, they could have just ported the DS version.

I hope for a PS4 release in the near future.

Nice for PC players.

AngryLittleAlchemist said: 

This might be the most depressing turn of events I have seen on this entire website.

What's sad is  that this is what kept me from finishing Final Fantasy 7 on PC. The control prompts just said stuff like "press the [action] button". Eventually there was so many different buttons with a confusing layout that I just said fuck it.

It makes it all the more depressing, that I got my hopes up far too high for a gem like this being ported in the proper fashion. Instead it was completely and utterly half arsed. Even the "special medley" was basically a lazy rip of half of the OG's OST.