By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why is it so hard to have simple interaction with other men?

Bristow9091 said:
spurgeonryan said:

I am actually not really shy at all. It just seems I can barely talk to other men. Maybe because I do not watch sports or I do not even know. It also seems like this area Men just do not care to talk to anyone. They are on their Cell phones all the time. Get me a female though and I can talk to her forever. They talk too much.

Oh absolutely, I actually feel a lot more comfortable talking to women than men. I mean, I can talk to both genders, but I feel more at ease when talking to a female, and I also feel like there's a lot more I can talk about with them too... 

I also don't watch sports either, unless you class eSports as I like watching the Overwatch League, lol :P so it can be tricky picking conversations that aren't your usual go-to lines such as talking about the weather and stuff,

I think this is just the way it is.  Women tend to be more talkative, so its easier to carry on a conversation with them. If you put 10 men in a room, only 3 or 4 of them want to talk.  But, put ten women together, and 8 or 9 of them will be yapping away.  

Around the Network

I actually feel way more comfortable with men around, with women there's always this sensation that I must follow an unspoken protocol for how to treat them.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Well, there is that general belief that men don't really speak, at least compared to women. So many guys just aren't much talkers. xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Don't think about it too much.

We are born alone
We die alone
so why not live life alone?

Did you ask them about Huey Lewis and the News?

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Fuchigole said:

I loved the movie in your profile pic, but I don't remember the name, what is it?

It's Princess Mononoke :) 

Wait, so is Kiba Inuzuka based on this character or viceversa?

I'm weird in that I can talk your ear off and easily get lost in an intricate conversation with people I know and and comfortable with. But at the same time I struggle to start conversations myself with people I don't know or know as well, and I'm not much for small talk. I can go hours and even days only talking to a few people or I can be the chattiest one in the room at a gathering. It's oddly often one extreme or the other with me lol.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

The_Yoda said:
spurgeonryan said:

I was at a Father/Daughter function recently. Only guys there at the school. Not one guy, except a few Russians said hardly anything to each other. Myself included. I know absolutely no one at my kids school.

Today I was at Costco. They were out of Relish, Deli mustard and onions at their restaurant. A ...well an Asian or Oriental? older gentleman asked if it was all out. He looked like he wanted to say more but did not and I could not think of anything to say to him, so I sat down and ate my hotdog in silence without even looking at him. Felt bad, I think he was there wanting to have contact with others.

Do you just start talking to people for the hell of it or do you just ignore others IRL?

This surprises me, given your sense of humor and demeanor on this site I had you pegged as the "doesn't know a stranger" type that can chat it up and find common ground with most any type of person.

As for me I normally don't have problems talking to anyone and am fairly outgoing, that said there are times I just don't really feel like it either.  

Errorist76 said:

I‘m usually very sociable and rather talk too much, than to little. I’m very open to strangers and mostly upfront..which is why I’m sometimes a bit too much for people, as my fellow Germans are not known to like much small talk. I‘m a fire dragon, I guess, and it shows. That said, sometimes I just hate people and prefer to stay for myself, depending on my mood.

Not a big fan of that American style “how ya doing” smalltalk though. I prefer deeper topics than beer and football.

Hmm Errorist, I'm a fire dragon too ... are you a Sag or Scorp (my guess).  Not that there is really anything to all that mumbo-jumbo in my opinion but I used to work with a guy that was into it. We would always try to guess our server's sign when we went out between shows. 

I’m impressed...I’m a Sagittarius. I turned 36 on the 12.12.12. It’s a bit crazy.

I used to not believe the stuff as well, but I’m not just clearly a sag and feel mostly attracted to other fire signs (many of my friends are sags as well), but since I learned about the fact I’m a fire dragon and realised all their typical features and quirks apply to me as well, I strongly believe in it. It makes perfect sense. Now I just need to go and get that top manager job! ;o)

People have lost the ability to communicate. It is all the fault of bad parenting, lack of male role models, terrible school system, drugs/alcohol and social media are to blame for the lack of communication skills. Back in the good old days there was more discipline, young people were sent to war, no technology to waste time and better communication skills.

Errorist76 said:
The_Yoda said:

This surprises me, given your sense of humor and demeanor on this site I had you pegged as the "doesn't know a stranger" type that can chat it up and find common ground with most any type of person.

As for me I normally don't have problems talking to anyone and am fairly outgoing, that said there are times I just don't really feel like it either.  

Hmm Errorist, I'm a fire dragon too ... are you a Sag or Scorp (my guess).  Not that there is really anything to all that mumbo-jumbo in my opinion but I used to work with a guy that was into it. We would always try to guess our server's sign when we went out between shows. 

I’m impressed...I’m a Sagittarius. I turned 36 on the 12.12.12. It’s a bit crazy.

I used to not believe the stuff as well, but I’m not just clearly a sag and feel mostly attracted to other fire signs (many of my friends are sags as well), but since I learned about the fact I’m a fire dragon and realised all their typical features and quirks apply to me as well, I strongly believe in it. It makes perfect sense. Now I just need to go and get that top manager job! ;o)

My zodiac is dinosaur.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."