By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why is it so hard to have simple interaction with other men?

That's the problem when one half of the population thinks you have to have social interactions 24h every day all the time and the other half is fine with once or twice a day. And both sides can't understand how the other side can live like that^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Competitive society ?

Just wanted to pop in to say I can't even remotely relate to this thread. That is all.

I'm an introvert myself, but I can at least have simple conversations with others, depending on the topic.

I think it depends of where you live....

In my country, it´s common to have small conversations / interactions with strangers in our daily life, when doing ordinary things, like buying groceries or ordering a hot beverage in a cafe, bakery etc.
I made some of my friends in situations like that, despite being quite introvert.

Still, my main issue when talking to other males is that the majority of them (here) are only able to start any conversation if the subject is national soccer, a game that I´m not a huge fan of. Seriously.... I´ve got tired of the stupid Brazilian fanatism towards soccer. Sometimes if feels that no one is able to have fun with anything rather than soccer. Don´t males here watch movies, read books or comics, listen to music, play games etc? I don´t talk much with other males in my job for the same reason. It feels like I´m living in an island.

Around the Network

Because we're living in a digital age, where people are constantly staring at the phones and such, thus slowly making people more antisocial.

That may be an issue that you have...
I have no issues talking to other people when I want, but I don't really talk to total strangers randomly. Still, if we are meeting due to our children, work, sports, etc I'll do normal chatting.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

spurgeonryan said:

I was at a Father/Daughter function recently. Only guys there at the school. Not one guy, except a few Russians said hardly anything to each other. Myself included. I know absolutely no one at my kids school.

Today I was at Costco. They were out of Relish, Deli mustard and onions at their restaurant. A ...well an Asian or Oriental? older gentleman asked if it was all out. He looked like he wanted to say more but did not and I could not think of anything to say to him, so I sat down and ate my hotdog in silence without even looking at him. Felt bad, I think he was there wanting to have contact with others.

Do you just start talking to people for the hell of it or do you just ignore others IRL?

I think it's something cultural, depending on the place you live. I'm from Brazil, where people usually are warm and receptive. Well, at least in Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, where anyone could start talking to you, especially man-to-man and with subjects like beer, women, weather, politics and most common: soccer. I'm from Rio Grande do Sul, the southest state. Here, we don't usually start conversations with strangers unless we have to. We are more "closed".

MarkkyStorm said:
spurgeonryan said:

I was at a Father/Daughter function recently. Only guys there at the school. Not one guy, except a few Russians said hardly anything to each other. Myself included. I know absolutely no one at my kids school.

Today I was at Costco. They were out of Relish, Deli mustard and onions at their restaurant. A ...well an Asian or Oriental? older gentleman asked if it was all out. He looked like he wanted to say more but did not and I could not think of anything to say to him, so I sat down and ate my hotdog in silence without even looking at him. Felt bad, I think he was there wanting to have contact with others.

Do you just start talking to people for the hell of it or do you just ignore others IRL?

I think it's something cultural, depending on the place you live. I'm from Brazil, where people usually are warm and receptive. Well, at least in Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, where anyone could start talking to you, especially man-to-man and with subjects like beer, women, weather, politics and most common: soccer. I'm from Rio Grande do Sul, the southest state. Here, we don't usually start conversations with strangers unless we have to. We are more "closed".

Talking about warmth, then Northeast (Salvador is a hallmark) is probably unbeatable.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I dont understand your question. If someone is asking you something, as a human beeing you should reply. I wanted to say you have to reply but this will make some of the people here call me a communist.