Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will Switch LTD pass GameCube?

When will the Switch LTD pass the NCG

June 2018 7 8.97%

July 2018 11 14.10%

August 2018 19 24.36%

September 2018 14 17.95%

October 2018 7 8.97%

November 2018 7 8.97%

December 2018 3 3.85%

1st half 2019 3 3.85%

2nd half 2019 1 1.28%

It won't 6 7.69%

Total:78
RolStoppable said:
Nogamez said:
So um which idiots put it wont? Haha have they nkt heard of pokemon

Insulting me because of what I voted is not the right way to go about this.

Haha its the only way to go about this! 

Around the Network

August.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Nogamez said:
So um which idiots put it wont? Haha have they nkt heard of pokemon

I did. But only because of the funnies.  That and I wanted to see the results but also wanted to vote. 

My true prediction is like September 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems!

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

August. Earlier if Labo takes off and Nintendo boosts its Switch shipments.

LipeJJ said:
Miyamotoo said:
Switch was around 15m at end of December, it will be around 17-18m at 31. March, so it will pass GC numbers probably around July.

Agreed. Nintendo expects 2.9m shipped this quarter, which means 17.8m by the end of March. The next quarter should be at least a bit better since it actually has many first party releases, so let’s go modest with 3.5m. That would put it at 21.3m by the end of June, so it will definitely surpass it by July. And that’s a conservative scenario.

Yeah, on 31. June Switch will probably be at around 21m, and that's without big boost in sales, so July look like safe bet, if Labo takes off, probably before July.

Around the Network

Even if the sales numbers would stagnant at current 200k per week level, it will reach GCN numbers by the beginning of September 2018

Miyamotoo said:
LipeJJ said:

Agreed. Nintendo expects 2.9m shipped this quarter, which means 17.8m by the end of March. The next quarter should be at least a bit better since it actually has many first party releases, so let’s go modest with 3.5m. That would put it at 21.3m by the end of June, so it will definitely surpass it by July. And that’s a conservative scenario.

Yeah, on 31. June Switch will probably be at around 21m, and that's without big boost in sales, so July look like safe bet, if Labo takes off, probably before July.

Yep. I’m pretty surprised at people predicting October/November. Did they do their math or are they seriously expecting Switch to do only 6m in 10/11 months? o.O

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yep. I’m pretty surprised at people predicting October/November. Did they do their math or are they seriously expecting Switch to do only 6m in 10/11 months? o.O

I think problem is shiped vs sold numbers, while even those GC numbers are shipped, same like Wii, Wii U and Switch oficial shipped numbers.

Miyamotoo said:
LipeJJ said:

I think problem is shiped vs sold numbers, while even those GC numbers are shipped, same like Wii, Wii U and Switch oficial shipped numbers.

Well, we have to use official numbers from (shipped) from Nintendo. Like you said, all previous consoles numbers are that way.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Kristof81 said:
Even if the sales numbers would stagnant at current 200k per week level, it will reach GCN numbers by the beginning of September 2018

GCN?

So we’re talking about a sports channel now? ;P

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.