By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will Switch LTD pass GameCube?

When will the Switch LTD pass the NCG

June 2018 7 8.97%

July 2018 11 14.10%

August 2018 19 24.36%

September 2018 14 17.95%

October 2018 7 8.97%

November 2018 7 8.97%

December 2018 3 3.85%

1st half 2019 3 3.85%

2nd half 2019 1 1.28%

It won't 6 7.69%

Total:78

August. Earlier if Labo takes off and Nintendo boosts its Switch shipments.

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Miyamotoo said:
Switch was around 15m at end of December, it will be around 17-18m at 31. March, so it will pass GC numbers probably around July.

Agreed. Nintendo expects 2.9m shipped this quarter, which means 17.8m by the end of March. The next quarter should be at least a bit better since it actually has many first party releases, so let’s go modest with 3.5m. That would put it at 21.3m by the end of June, so it will definitely surpass it by July. And that’s a conservative scenario.

Yeah, on 31. June Switch will probably be at around 21m, and that's without big boost in sales, so July look like safe bet, if Labo takes off, probably before July.

Even if the sales numbers would stagnant at current 200k per week level, it will reach GCN numbers by the beginning of September 2018

Miyamotoo said:
LipeJJ said:

Agreed. Nintendo expects 2.9m shipped this quarter, which means 17.8m by the end of March. The next quarter should be at least a bit better since it actually has many first party releases, so let’s go modest with 3.5m. That would put it at 21.3m by the end of June, so it will definitely surpass it by July. And that’s a conservative scenario.

Yeah, on 31. June Switch will probably be at around 21m, and that's without big boost in sales, so July look like safe bet, if Labo takes off, probably before July.

Yep. I’m pretty surprised at people predicting October/November. Did they do their math or are they seriously expecting Switch to do only 6m in 10/11 months? o.O

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yep. I’m pretty surprised at people predicting October/November. Did they do their math or are they seriously expecting Switch to do only 6m in 10/11 months? o.O

I think problem is shiped vs sold numbers, while even those GC numbers are shipped, same like Wii, Wii U and Switch oficial shipped numbers.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
LipeJJ said:

I think problem is shiped vs sold numbers, while even those GC numbers are shipped, same like Wii, Wii U and Switch oficial shipped numbers.

Well, we have to use official numbers from (shipped) from Nintendo. Like you said, all previous consoles numbers are that way.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Kristof81 said:
Even if the sales numbers would stagnant at current 200k per week level, it will reach GCN numbers by the beginning of September 2018

GCN?

So we’re talking about a sports channel now? ;P

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Kristof81 said:

GCN?

So we’re talking about a sports channel now? ;P

Wait, so you're going to question Kristof using the standard Western acronym for the GameCube, but not how the OP's poll says "NCG," which doesn't even have 'Game' and 'Cube' in the right order??

Last edited by StarDoor - on 26 February 2018

Probably end of summer/early fall

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

LipeJJ said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well, we have to use official numbers from (shipped) from Nintendo. Like you said, all previous consoles numbers are that way.

Agree.