By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will Switch LTD pass GameCube?

When will the Switch LTD pass the NCG

June 2018 7 8.97%

July 2018 11 14.10%

August 2018 19 24.36%

September 2018 14 17.95%

October 2018 7 8.97%

November 2018 7 8.97%

December 2018 3 3.85%

1st half 2019 3 3.85%

2nd half 2019 1 1.28%

It won't 6 7.69%

Total:78

I’d say November, but wouldn’t be too surprised if it surpasses by early September.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
tripenfall said: 

The Switch is currently on 13.73 million units sold (according to VG Chartz) and selling heavily each week. 

More like 14,5 millions according to VG Chartz

I expect the Switch to sell more than 17 millions by the end of march, and to be close to GC's numbers by the end of june

It looks like the Switch is around 15 million units as of Feb ending, so to beat the Gamecube it needs 7 million+ units. According to Nintendo's financial projection they should be aiming to sell 15 million Switch's from March to December, so as long as they get half of that the Gamecube will be beaten this year. If all goes swell it should be done in November. The people voting it won't are just trolls, the Switch would have to be discontinued in order for that to happen lmao

Probably around October or November.

If the new production and shipping lines are up as planned, it'll make it by July.

Also, I'm thinking when the 22nd million sale will actually be made. Not when we will be privy to hear about it.

Around the Network

I think aruound August is the safest bet

So um which idiots put it wont? Haha have they nkt heard of pokemon

I think about August. But late August.

RolStoppable said:
Nogamez said:

Insulting me because of what I voted is not the right way to go about this.

Haha its the only way to go about this! 

Nogamez said:

I did. But only because of the funnies.  That and I wanted to see the results but also wanted to vote. 

My true prediction is like September 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.