By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Unleashed, best looking Wii title yet!?

Username2324 said:
I laugh everytime I see "Best looking Wii title", because they still don't look good.

Althought this does look better than SSBB, and others.

Why don't you troll elsewhere? serieusly if you do not give a shit about the Wii why are you here or why are you posting a comment?

Oh yeah that's right just to piss off some Wii owners.  

Around the Network

Bullshit.

I'll believe these are Wii graphics when I see more.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Holy crap! I'll truly believe it when I actually see it though.

@Riot - why do you even own a wii? You really don't seem to like it that much.

The game is totally doable with a fancy pants lighting engine.  Everything else is normal except for a slightly higher polygon count. 

makingmusic476 said:
fazz said:
makingmusic476 said:
I'm still not buying that those are Wii screens. The official screens released were 720x1280, and the amount of polygons on Sonic are far more than I've seen on any character model in a Wii game yet.

I think the Nintendo mag just used the only screens available, those for the ps3/360.

And to the guys saying it will look the same on the wii/ps3/360 aside from resolution, you can't be serious.

I'm serious saying that it will look the same besides resolution, very serious.

I don't see the big difference. Look at the geometry in the shoes.

I've never seen that screen before, and Sonic isn't near as high-poly as I thought. I thought the screens that Soriku posted were more what he looks like in-game, but couldn't tell given how small he was represented in the other screens.

But to say that they will look the exact same barring resolution implies that the developers will put no effort into the ps3/360 versions at all.

This is Sega after all. Many developers used the much weaker PS2 as their main platform back in they day, leaving MANY features of the GC, Xbox and PC unused, like shaders, faster load times, better textures, better lighting, etc. Quick example: GTA:SA could have looked much MUCH better on Xbox and PC, but it didn't.

superchunk said:
ohhh the Wii can't handle graphics better than Galaxy....bitch please, Galaxy could probably of been done on the Gamecube. [not directed at anyone specific]

By next year, most multi-platform games will be built on Wii and ported to PS360. PS360 will get bumps up to 720p/1080p with some better textures/lighting. But Wii will have primary builds and best game controls.

I totally agree on the first part. The second part seems likely, but I think some US games that Focus on the GRAPHIC WHORE AUDIENCE (Madden fanatics, ect, people who don't give a damn about gameplay ore originality, but just want it to look pretty) will made for 360, ported to PS3.

Around the Network
daactualfact said:
But, I will say this, I believe the game that Factor 5 will make will push the Wii's graphics SUPER high, maybe even 720p. Look at Lair.

You guys are just skeptical because it's SEGA making this. Their games don't usually look THIS good. (except for Sonic the Hedgehog Ps360 which sucked ass.)

While there hasn't been anything really on this level, last I remembered, Secret Rings was REALLY good for it's time. I remember X-Play saying "this shows what a next-gen game could look like on the Wii"

epsilon72 said:

@Riot - why do you even own a wii? You really don't seem to like it that much.

The game is totally doable with a fancy pants lighting engine. Everything else is normal except for a slightly higher polygon count.

I own it so I can play games on it. As a hardcore gamer, I need to be able to have the games I want. It doesn't what console they come out on. I buy every console every generation. It doesn't matter if I like it or not. There are games to played on every console like it or not.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

10 minutes till scans

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

superchunk,

It may happen but I dont know why I doubt the Xbox360/PS3 team will just collapse ...I believe the 2 team will co-exist and will make "targeted" game for each console:

PS360 : more hardcore, more western, more mature

Wii : more casual, more japan, more cartoon

This gen is COMPLETELY different from the others gen, so I dont understand why people keep looking on the past when it is obvious history doesn't repeat.

There is no big winner this gen. Even when the Wii outsell the PS3/Xbox360 (even combined), the 2 others console succeed to sell pretty well despite their price and their userbase are buying game.

Wii is not the PS2
and
PS360 are not the DC/GC

IF GTA4/RE5/Sc4 were on the Wii then all would be completely different since the PS360 would have been killed in the eggs. but now, it is a bit late to forget them ... they are selling at a good rate outside Japan.

Time to Work !

They look very nice! But they do look like PS360.

If they are for the Wii, Kudos to Sega. They've squeezed better graphics out of the Wii than the company that manufactured it.