By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Unleashed, best looking Wii title yet!?

But isn't the resolution of the pictures to high? Or can the Wii handle 720p?

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Around the Network

wow, great graphics, now lets hope it plays well

jake_the_fake1 said:
fazz said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
Soriku said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
daactualfact said:
There's a lot of damn negativity in this thread. I mean, I am also skeptical too, but some people just express their opinions in the wrong way!

It all started with jake the fakes crap comment to fazz and then the thread went to hell with negativity. :(

Hey, I was being realistic, not in lala land like fazz.

I just merely suggested we wait for real in game pics of the game, which these are clearly not.

I LOL'D. If those are not in-game then what ARE they? FMV? Dude, they just confirmed it was for the Wii. Stop the damage control.

dude, open your eyes, their aren't any jaggies in the pictures, that alone gives it away that it's not real in game screenshoots, unless of course they've been cleaned up which...well is just as bad as not being real in game shots.

Lala land? Jesus Christ. You seriosly SERIOUSLY think this, THIS Sonic game looks on par with Uncharted or Heavenly Sword? Bioshock? Gears? If you think "realistic" means to think Wii < PS2, then you are in a mistake.

when I say realistic I mean facing reality, and the reality is that those sonic pictures simply aren't 100% in game screen shots, now I say this because those pics don't have jaggies,see the picture bellow for actualy in game screen shot and look at the jaggies, all games have jaggies unless they have a crazzy amount of AA, and belive you me the wii can not do 16x AA and maintain the fidelity, 16x is simply to taxing for all 3 current gen consoles.

Not to mention 16x Multisampling would be stupid on 480p resolution. And BTW, that screenshot above is not "100% in game", as you never get that camera angle in Galaxy.

And the Wii supports Antialiasing even if it's not at the highest level. Brawl has an antialiasing option that you can turn on/off at will. 

Explosivo said:
But isn't the resolution of the pictures to high? Or can the Wii handle 720p?
Some people keep saying no. However, the Wii is more powerful than the xbox and the xbox did 720p. I think Nintendo has chosen to purposely limit it to 480p to ensure the resources aren't gobbled up in trying to put out HD graphics. Instead being left for other, more important, computational features.

36Wow people who say that isn't the wii's graphics , because the wii has never had anything that good go learn something about how graphics advance in a console's lifetime. Seriously the reason why it's amazing is , because we haven't seen it before on the wii. Why would the screens be in 480p too?

Around the Network

U lot r pissing me off... sorikus pics aren't in-game (they are cut scenes)... let me give u lot some scans...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I laugh everytime I see "Best looking Wii title", because they still don't look good.

Althought this does look better than SSBB, and others.

Username2324 said:
I laugh everytime I see "Best looking Wii title", because they still don't look good.

Well username the wii does have a best looking game even if they all burn your eyes. So do you think this is on the wii or not?

fazz said:
makingmusic476 said:
I'm still not buying that those are Wii screens. The official screens released were 720x1280, and the amount of polygons on Sonic are far more than I've seen on any character model in a Wii game yet.

I think the Nintendo mag just used the only screens available, those for the ps3/360.

And to the guys saying it will look the same on the wii/ps3/360 aside from resolution, you can't be serious.

I'm serious saying that it will look the same besides resolution, very serious.

I don't see the big difference. Look at the geometry in the shoes.

I've never seen that screen before, and Sonic isn't near as high-poly as I thought.  I thought the screens that Soriku posted were more what he looks like in-game, but couldn't tell given how small he was represented in the other screens.

But to say that they will look the exact same barring resolution implies that the developers will put no effort into the ps3/360 versions at all. 

Username2324 said:

and this is coming from an anti-wii fanboy