By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Unleashed, best looking Wii title yet!?

As always with these kinds of discussions, I say "time will tell". Give it a few more months and I think we'll have some more pics other than the original leaked ones to judge by. Until I see it running on a wii, or somebody in the media says "I'm running this on a wii", I'm not going to be convinced that those are just PS360 screens being given. The PS360 version of "force unleashed" was just about all you saw in the early days, and then "it's also coming to wii and PS2". It took a while before we saw the less pretty screen shots. It's possible that will happen with this. Wait and see is all I can say. To argue it is pointless at this stage.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Whatever, I failed to see all the pics. I just succeed to see 1 pic that looked unexpected for a Wii game.

Time to Work !

Ain't that purty?

Well, no. Sega's had plenty of great looking games come out of their loins recently. Go look up Valkyrie of the Battlefield.

jake_the_fake1 said:
daactualfact said:
There's a lot of damn negativity in this thread. I mean, I am also skeptical too, but some people just express their opinions in the wrong way!

It all started with jake the fakes crap comment to fazz and then the thread went to hell with negativity. :(

Hey, I was being realistic, not in lala land like fazz.

I just merely suggested we wait for real in game pics of the game, which these are clearly not. 

Sorry, I take Fazz's word over yours. He knows quite a bit about graphical hardware and you have displayed no understanding whatsoever.

I can tell these are Wii screens because of the geometry. The texture and lighting is great, but the geometry in these levels is clearly visible. PS360 screens have way more polygons than this.

Also, the fact that these screens look pretty damn nice doesn't mean that they weren't touched up or that Sega has this quality running at 60 FPS. So your guardedness is justified, even if your dirision for Fazz isn't.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

*Rubs hands together*

That's right Wii fans, get your hopes up! We shall see when this game is released!

makingmusic476 said:
I'm still not buying that those are Wii screens. The official screens released were 720x1280, and the amount of polygons on Sonic are far more than I've seen on any character model in a Wii game yet.

I think the Nintendo mag just used the only screens available, those for the ps3/360.

And to the guys saying it will look the same on the wii/ps3/360 aside from resolution, you can't be serious.

I'm serious saying that it will look the same besides resolution, very serious.

I don't see the big difference. Look at the geometry in the shoes. 

fazz said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
Soriku said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
daactualfact said:
There's a lot of damn negativity in this thread. I mean, I am also skeptical too, but some people just express their opinions in the wrong way!

It all started with jake the fakes crap comment to fazz and then the thread went to hell with negativity. :(

Hey, I was being realistic, not in lala land like fazz.

I just merely suggested we wait for real in game pics of the game, which these are clearly not.

I LOL'D. If those are not in-game then what ARE they? FMV? Dude, they just confirmed it was for the Wii. Stop the damage control.

dude, open your eyes, their aren't any jaggies in the pictures, that alone gives it away that it's not real in game screenshoots, unless of course they've been cleaned up which...well is just as bad as not being real in game shots.

Lala land? Jesus Christ. You seriosly SERIOUSLY think this, THIS Sonic game looks on par with Uncharted or Heavenly Sword? Bioshock? Gears? If you think "realistic" means to think Wii < PS2, then you are in a mistake.

when I say realistic I mean facing reality, and the reality is that those sonic pictures simply aren't 100% in game screen shots, now I say this because those pics don't have jaggies,see the picture bellow for actualy in game screen shot and look at the jaggies, all games have jaggies unless they have a crazzy amount of AA, and belive you me the wii can not do 16x AA and maintain the fidelity, 16x is simply to taxing for all 3 current gen consoles.

jake_the_fake1 said:
superchunk said:
ohhh the Wii can't handle graphics better than Galaxy....bitch please, Galaxy could probably of been done on the Gamecube. [not directed at anyone specific]

By next year, most multi-platform games will be built on Wii and ported to PS360. PS360 will get bumps up to 720p/1080p with some better textures/lighting. But Wii will have primary builds and best game controls.

keep dreaming man cuz it ain't gonna happen, there will deliver it's games and the PS3/360 will fight and deliver their games, the machines this generation are simply to different to just make games for one and then port to the others, and this is why you see 2 different dev teams working on the PS3/360 and wii version of the same multi platform game, and I honestly belive it'll remain like this for a while to come.

You and Leo-J keep telling the same thing. However, it always happens this way. The leading console for devs is always the one with the biggest user base.

That is overwhelmingly the Wii now and even more so next year (>50% market share). They will put all their 'A' teams on Wii hardware.

It's just stupid to think they can't take a Wii game and port it up to PS360. Look at Rayman Raving Rabbids for an example where it technically was possible and that game was far less in graphics/power than this sonic game.

They haven't done it yet because of the damn PS2. It still has too much of a user base to be ignored, so the devs make two teams. One takes a PS2 build and ports UP to a Wii, and the other builds the PS360/PC versions.

By next year the user base of Wii (50m+) will be big enough that they will ignore the PS2 and make games built on Wii hardware and port that game to PS360. This will save them massive dev costs, increasing revenue and productivity since the 2nd team is free to work on another game.

I don't see how it could NOT happen. 

libellule said:
superchunk said:
ohhh the Wii can't handle graphics better than Galaxy....bitch please, Galaxy could probably of been done on the Gamecube. [not directed at anyone specific]

By next year, most multi-platform games will be built on Wii and ported to PS360. PS360 will get bumps up to 720p/1080p with some better textures/lighting. But Wii will have primary builds and best game controls.

==> This is a possibility. But is Ninty pushing in this way ???

so much multiplateform game are still coming to the Xbox360/PS3 and not the Wii.

I remember 6-9 months ago, everybody stated that a shift will happen toward the Wii and that big games will be multiplateform Wii/PS3/Xbox360. I m still waiting.

The answer is the damn PS2. Read my responst to jake.