By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Unleashed, best looking Wii title yet!?

I am this close to eating crow about the graphics. I want to see something that says "wii version in action" and a video along with a "360 version in action" and a "Ps2 version in action", then I will be completely convinced. Right now I'm hopeful, but still skeptical.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
fazz said:

So far everything indicates I was right when I said the Wii version would look the same, except that only on 480p. I'm not surprised.

fazz: +1

The World: 0

you'd be fool to belive that those are actual wii graphics, how about we do the smart thing and wait till real full size screen shots come out from actual gameplay, rather than take your approach and say all thoes silly things you always say, k.

Hey dude, you know those pics I posted are hotlinked, right? How about you click them to see bigger images.

so your implying that the wii is capable of 16x AA? o.0

The_vagabond7 said:
I am <----> this close to eating crow about the graphics. I want to see something that says "wii version in action" and a video along with a "360 version in action" and a "Ps2 version in action", then I will be completely convinced. Right now I'm hopeful, but still skeptical.

Totally agree, I want to see this game in action as well, but as of now I remain extremely skeptical.

my magazine... official nintendo magazine says the frame rate is silky smooth throughout... theres a huge feature on it

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

and the pics r real...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Unfortunately, I'd much prefer if another game that wasn't sonic had the best graphics. Graphics have never really been a pull for me in sonic games.

I'm still not buying that those are Wii screens. The official screens released were 720x1280, and the amount of polygons on Sonic are far more than I've seen on any character model in a Wii game yet.

I think the Nintendo mag just used the only screens available, those for the ps3/360.

And to the guys saying it will look the same on the wii/ps3/360 aside from resolution, you can't be serious.

ohhh the Wii can't handle graphics better than Galaxy....bitch please, Galaxy could probably of been done on the Gamecube. [not directed at anyone specific]

By next year, most multi-platform games will be built on Wii and ported to PS360. PS360 will get bumps up to 720p/1080p with some better textures/lighting. But Wii will have primary builds and best game controls.

There's a lot of damn negativity in this thread. I mean, I am also skeptical too, but some people just express their opinions in the wrong way!

It all started with jake the fakes crap comment to fazz and then the thread went to hell with negativity. :(

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
daactualfact said:
There's a lot of damn negativity in this thread. I mean, I am also skeptical too, but some people just express their opinions in the wrong way!

It all started with jake the fakes crap comment to fazz and then the thread went to hell with negativity. :(

Hey, I was being realistic, not in lala land like fazz.

I just merely suggested we wait for real in game pics of the game, which these are clearly not.