By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How do you feel about X in your country?

I tought this was a question on how people liked the xbox one x in my country, as an owner I would have said everybody wants to play ps4 and hate the X since they say it has no games and its terrible and a waste of money lol

anyway, it was a much more serious topic I am from the Netherlands

1. How do you feel about healthcare in your country?

Very Very expensive but the system does work, however low income homes have a hard time paying up and things like teeth and other stuff sometimes can give gigantic bills because of the own risk and not full coverage systems

2. How do you feel about gun control in your country?

Perfect

3. College

Some of the best in Europe but we do need to put more time in making the best in the class get better, we need to challange them more we kind of love to just put everyone in the same room, help the people that struggle and middle line the rest.

4. Prison

We have to low sentences for murder, rape etc and a lot of people who are charged with these kind of charges usually kill or rape again in their sentence because we just let them live comfortable and expect them to never ever make a mistake again, goes wrong at least once a year.

5. Education for kids

Same as College

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

I think it is fine here. Could just make it free, but I would rather people work for it.

Guns should have more restrictions to own, but nothing should be banned.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Marach said:
well, canada, specifically Quebec, because some of those issues are managed at a provincial level

How is healthcare. In canada we get free healthcare for almost all our needs. which would made a pretty boring Breaking Bad serie in canada, because it would last one episode : -hey you got cancer. -wow th'at's pretty bad what i can do ? -Here's your appointement for your first treatment, it's free.

however, it's free for the user, but of course we pay for it collectively. so in Quebec we pay around 30% taxes on our salary, plus a 15% sale tax for everything you buy.

and it's not perfect. the waiting at the emergency is about 10 to 18 hours, waiting list for some procedure can be months of not years. the medical system is sucking more and more money every year. And lately we have a prime minister and 2 of the most important minister that are doctors. and in the last few years, the doctor salary have go sky high, while other ressources like nurses are getting more and more jobs and less time to do it. we do more with less and the system is getting exausted.

Hello ! Fellow Québécois !

The tax system on our salary goes on different level of imposition. You got high salary who get most tax % in our system and the those at 11K (CAN$) who doesn't have to pay taxes on their salary.

As you said, our healtcare and some social services have been struggling these last years due to cuts (Austerity) or reform made by our neoliberalist governement who then goes to enrich the most wealthy of our society. Wouldn't be surprising  if their end goal was to privatize all of these services so that they don't have to do much afterward. 

Though, they've been recently investing into social programs such as services concerning our public kindergarten, education (Universities) and ... I don't remember the rest ... but the elctions are coming soon so these are just candies to try and make us forget the first and horrible 2 years the province lived through with the austerity.

P.S: Like Nem said, austerity doesn't work.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Good thing I read the OP and not just the title of the OP or I would have answered something like: Well X like the other 25 letters of the alphabet are not really an issue over here so I'm totally good with X.

Healthcare in Belgium is not bad but to be honest it's not what it was 20 years ago. There are less and less drugs that are refunded by healthcare and the ones that are, well the part that is refunded is shrinking over time. yet taxes don't go down so one has to wonder where the money goes...

As for gun control, it's not really an issue over here. It's technically possible to acquire a gun but it's very hard and it's not something people are interested to do like in the US. So I'd say that so far it's a non issue over here and I hope that won't change.

I only see guns on policemen (and women).
Apart from that just once, I was in a gun and archery range and spotted one (surprising I know...).
I was there for archery.

Health care is pretty good. I'm rarely sick so I don't use these service much at all but I have some close work colleagues that have chronic (but certainly not terminal) illnesses. They often need to visit a doctor or go to a hospital. One of them gets a syringe every two or four weeks. Each shot costs multiple thousands of Euro. How else would he be able to get that treatment?

Around the Network

Australia here

Health Care is very good overall, free if you don't mind waiting, a lot is subsidised, particularly medication

Education is virtually free in the Public school system, and the standard is generally high

Gun control is very good, but could be better/stricter, as a generalisation Australians generally dislike guns, but some need to use them for work/sport

Prison system needs improvement, particular for indigenous offenders and rehabilitation in general

Jobs are generally easy to find if your willing to put the effort in

The cities are very clean and well maintained, with very good amenities and parks

The natural landscape is generally well looked after and respected, but effort is always needed in education and management

Food is of a very high standard, much of it can be sourced locally from pristine environments  

People are friendly for the most part, and enjoy events together without too much incident

Politics is not often taken personally between friends and family and it is seen as not worth losing friends over, all eligible Australians have to vote which generally reduces extreme politics, or if it does pop up it's influence is reduced next election

Animals are very respected particular pets, which have a ton of regulation around their care

Religion is tolerated, but not well practiced, last census about 60% of Australians claimed they have no religion

Australians love sport, and they supported same sex marriage  

Last edited by Rab - on 05 March 2018

The USA is a very bad, unfriendly place to live, lots of violence and people live in fear. European nations, Canada, New Zealand, Australia are far better places to live than the USA because they are friendly, easy going countries with less violence than the USA. Most nations in this world are more friendly, easy going nations with less violence than the USA. USA is one of the most dangerous, unfriendly places to live and there are so many violent crimes being committed in the USA. People have the right to be defensive in the USA, because they live in a chronic state of panic, fear and anxiety of living in a dangerous country.

It's a letter like the others.

Healthcare in the US is great in terms of quality, but way too expensive. This is squarely the fault of government, who drives up the prices with regulations that dictate every tiny detail. I'd like government to stay completely out of it, so that more Americans could afford the great healthcare that exists here.

As for gun control, I think the US is in decent shape. There's a little more infringement on one's right to bear arms than there should be. But, in comparison with much of the rest of the world, we're in good shape here.

Mar1217 said:
Marach said:
well, canada, specifically Quebec, because some of those issues are managed at a provincial level

How is healthcare. In canada we get free healthcare for almost all our needs. which would made a pretty boring Breaking Bad serie in canada, because it would last one episode : -hey you got cancer. -wow th'at's pretty bad what i can do ? -Here's your appointement for your first treatment, it's free.

however, it's free for the user, but of course we pay for it collectively. so in Quebec we pay around 30% taxes on our salary, plus a 15% sale tax for everything you buy.

and it's not perfect. the waiting at the emergency is about 10 to 18 hours, waiting list for some procedure can be months of not years. the medical system is sucking more and more money every year. And lately we have a prime minister and 2 of the most important minister that are doctors. and in the last few years, the doctor salary have go sky high, while other ressources like nurses are getting more and more jobs and less time to do it. we do more with less and the system is getting exausted.

Hello ! Fellow Québécois !

The tax system on our salary goes on different level of imposition. You got high salary who get most tax % in our system and the those at 11K (CAN$) who doesn't have to pay taxes on their salary.

As you said, our healtcare and some social services have been struggling these last years due to cuts (Austerity) or reform made by our neoliberalist governement who then goes to enrich the most wealthy of our society. Wouldn't be surprising  if their end goal was to privatize all of these services so that they don't have to do much afterward. 

Though, they've been recently investing into social programs such as services concerning our public kindergarten, education (Universities) and ... I don't remember the rest ... but the elctions are coming soon so these are just candies to try and make us forget the first and horrible 2 years the province lived through with the austerity.

P.S: Like Nem said, austerity doesn't work.

I mean, Quebec *does* spend its surplus. 

Eventually, you *do* need to reduce debt to gdp. *Net* debt is currently still at 46% - for a sub-national institution, that is quite a lot. If not now, when the economy is prosperous, what do you suggest? We need the capacity to spend liberally during a crisis.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.