By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Delta and United join list of companies to cut ties with the NRA - maybe this truly is the end of gun rights in the US?

Nem said:

Objects don't have a will of their own, but they have functions. People kill people. If they have instruments that kill more easily, they will kill more. That is the point.

Which is why mentally unqualified people shouldn't be allowed to own guns. In the USA they are still allowed to so because the people in power protect their right.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Nem said:

Objects don't have a will of their own, but they have functions. People kill people. If they have instruments that kill more easily, they will kill more. That is the point.

Which is why mentally unqualified people shouldn't be allowed to own guns. In the USA they are still allowed to so because the people in power protect their right.

See, we did move on from it. You are assuming the rest of us aren't capable of crazy moments, but that is at least the highest priority. 

Crazy anger moment with gun and crazy anger moment with no gun have vastly different results. :)

Nem said:
RolStoppable said:

See, we did move on from it. You are assuming the rest of us aren't capable of crazy moments, but that is at least the highest priority. 

My position has been consistent throughout the entire thread.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

PwerlvlAmy said:
Only people opposing NRA are against the 2A imo. Its obviously what the lefts end game is. Not a wise choice on their part.

The 2A is a fucking excuse and it is so obvious. They don't care about it they just use it to get middle america to agree with them, they just want the money. 

RolStoppable said:
Nem said:

I know. I disagreed with your definition of "crazy people". You are still ok with the rest having easy acess to guns. I don't think that's smart and will just enable killings to continue, albeit less often.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
o_O.Q said:

"Many countries became independent from Britain without a war.  So at best, the US war for independence only made it happen sooner than it otherwise would have.  "

solely because it was not in britains benefit to control them in the same fashion... if it had been then nothing would have changed unless those countries fought for their independence

You're thanking freedom for having guns, when there are other countries that gained their freedom without guns.  It's hardly the case that all freedoms come with war.  The US in particular has had several peaceful successes with gaining new freedoms such as the civil rights movement.  

"Civil war doesn't really make sense.  Both sides had guns.  And the side that was "fighting for it's (messed up) freedoms" lost."

suppose the north didn't have guns and the south did?

Then the north 

"In 2018 though, your guns don't protect your freedom.  "

because human behavior has changed?

Yes and no.  

This is the most peaceful time in history. Not because of gun ownership, but because of democracy.  Many countries on Earth today, have enormous freedoms despite ridiculously low gun ownership rates.  

"If the US government wanted to take your freedom away, there's absolutely nothing that could be done about it.  The US spends many billions on weapons every year.  They have bombs, unmanned drones, and much more.  "

well that's your mindset to adopt the mentality of a serf and just accept whatever may come your way passively

but you have to understand that there are people who have a different mindset and are instead willing to fight for their freedom if they perceive that they are being oppressed by whatever authority figures hold control

the argument you just presented though could have been level at the peasants in france when they revolted

"why bother man, the monarchs have all the weapons and power and wealth and stuff lets just sit back and accept the abuse, being a slave isn't that bad man"

The weapons that were available to common folk throughout history were much closer to the military weapons.  This isn't the case anymore.  The US government literally has the power to end nearly all life on Earth.  

"You're thanking freedom for having guns, when there are other countries that gained their freedom without guns."

you're trying to compare apples to oranges as i said previously

a country being actively oppressed and fighting for its freedom is different to the oppressor deciding that the control its exerting is not beneficial anymore

"This is the most peaceful time in history. "

no, the middle east, africa on a wider scale and even europe and asia are not peaceful at this point in time

"but because of democracy. "

"Social-Democracy, however, wants, on the contrary, to develop the class struggle of the proletariat to the point where the latter will take the leading part in the popular Russian revolution, i.e., will lead this revolution to a the democratic-dictatorship of the proletariat and the peasantry. "

vladimir lenin

the soviet union was democratic... how did that turn out?

there's a reason why america was founded as a constitutional republic and not a democracy... and there's a reason why there's such a profound push towards a democracy

"Many countries on Earth today, have enormous freedoms despite ridiculously low gun ownership rates.  "

i'm not saying you are wrong but can you give an example?

"The weapons that were available to common folk throughout history were much closer to the military weapons.  This isn't the case anymore.  The US government literally has the power to end nearly all life on Earth.  "

i already gave my response to this sentiment

there are people that are willing to fight for their freedom regardless of the circumstances, you might not be one of them but the point is that they exist

Nem said:
RolStoppable said:

I know. I disagreed with your definition of "crazy people". You are still ok with the rest having easy acess to guns. I don't think that's smart and will just enable killings to continue, albeit less often.

" You are still ok with the rest having easy acess to guns. I don't think that's smart and will just enable killings to continue"

china a communist country with strict gun control:

"33 Dead, 130 Injured in China Knife-Wielding Spree"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/33-dead-130-injured-china-knife-wielding-spree-n41966

"School attacks in China (2010–12)"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_(2010%E2%80%9312)

"At least five people have been killed"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10697924/Five-killed-in-market-stabbings-in-China.html

"2 killed, 18 injured in deadly southwest China stabbing spree "

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/guizhou-china-stabbing-spree-two-killed-eighteen-injured/

"Four dead in fatal stabbing"

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-02/25/c_136999268.htm

^^^^^^^^ this happened today btw

its about time you wake up to reality

Last edited by o_O.Q - on 25 February 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3lvai3IkBc

And 11 teens die a day while texting and driving. Time to ban cars. Oh you need a license? Yeah not everyone follows this rule. Lots of people don't even have insurance of their cars.

3DS: 5429-9952-3189  Add me if you wish!

Harkins1721 said:
And 11 teens die a day while texting and driving. Time to ban cars. Oh you need a license? Yeah not everyone follows this rule. Lots of people don't even have insurance of their cars.

When guns are as necessary to modern life as cars that might make some sense. Let me know when you can ride your pistol to school.