By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you had to live in another country, what would be your preference?

I live in Canada in the first place.....and I've heard quality of life in Australia is similar, and most people speak english, so there.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Japan a good place to visit but not to live. I'd choose Canada since it's very similar to Australia

Difficult question. I guess I would choose Italy. I've been there 3 times and will certainly come back again. I don't even have to mention they have amazing food, culture and fashion... the main reason I would choose to live there is because I felt welcomed every time I went there. People were nice and warm, and that's definitely something I'd want from a place I live. So I'd choose Italy based on my experience.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I would choose Canada if it wasnt so cold.  So I guess Ill take Australia, New Zealand or Costa Rica instead.

And places I would love to visit:  Brazil, Japan and a few african countries.

Many pros and cons that come with each but I think either US, UK or New Zealand would work well for me without alienating me too much since I live near a giant glacier to the north ... 

I can't stand Australia's hot climate (Singapore might not be as bad) and their animals are dangerous as shit ... 

I'm not interested in living in another cold place again so that leaves Denmark, Finland, Norway or Sweden out of the picture ... 

Israel is in the middle of tons of ongoing conflicts so no way am I going to potentially be caught in war ... 

Switzerland is way too expensive to live in and Japan is arguably the worse out of East Asian countries in terms of English fluency so I don't have much to do ... 

Around the Network

Ive seen my friend worked long hours every day even though she didn't wantto. She said she had to stay for as long as she can because if she left before everyone else her boss would think she's lazy. The so called overtime were spent keeping an eye out for when the boss left then she got out of the office like a shot

Living in Japan at the moment, so excluding it and my home country (Australia), I'd pick New Zealand, mostly for its similarities to Australia, laid-back style and great environment.

Do you mean live temporarily or as a citizen?

I'd probably do Singapore.

Pinkie_pie said:
Ive seen my friend worked long hours every day even though she didn't wantto. She said she had to stay for as long as she can because if she left before everyone else her boss would think she's lazy. The so called overtime were spent keeping an eye out for when the boss left then she got out of the office like a shot

Not to mention traffic is congested as hell in Japan ... 

I get a little irritated from living in cities sometimes but crowds and cramped spaces aggravate the shit out of me like Japan does ...

Japan.

I lived there for a few years and really enjoyed it, so I wouldn't living there some more.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread