By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Hide Avatar Banners

VGPolyglot said:
Bristow9091 said:

We also accept bitcoin ;)

Try to convince him to become a Supporter!

Hahaha, now that's sneaky

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

I'm on the side that mods should have their tags on at all times. Users should know who has the authority to give warnings and bans. Though TalonMan looks to be the exception, since I've seen he needs it to carry on his work. Other tags like 'Site Admin'  I don't really mind if those are hidden, but it would be nice to see who are the lovely folks who fix up the site

From a thread last night Trucks also has the tag but doesn't do the role. So talon is not the only one with the Tag who doesn't moderate on these forums.

hmmm

ioi might have the tag also.... or may have done before, I know he holds mod powers on the site regardless.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

VersusEvil said:
Finally. Now I can hide the fact I spent money of this site.

The supporter "G" still shows up below your avatar, so I'm afraid you'll have to live with that until it expires/Talonman adds an option to remove that as well.

Teeqoz said:
VersusEvil said:
Finally. Now I can hide the fact I spent money of this site.

The supporter "G" still shows up below your avatar, so I'm afraid you'll have to live with that until it expires/Talonman adds an option to remove that as well.

Some people just wanna see the world burn ahahaha

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
TalonMan said:

In fairness - I think his complaint is about the "backseat moderator" tag that I stuck on him. I wasn't about to write specialized code for Rol, so his current options are:

- leave the banners on, and display his precious "I am a bully" banner (along with the "backseat moderator")

- turn them off altogether

I don't understand you guys at all. I already posted in this thread that I am only joking. I impersonated someone who blames the admins, no matter what. The resulting logical fallacy that Machina pointed out immediately was no coincidence, it was by design. At this point you might ask the question if what I did isn't kinda self-deprecating humor, and yeah, it is. But I am not above self-deprecation to make a good joke; I can dig up proof for that if you don't believe me. Of course, the audience here seems to have ruled out that possibility altogether, so you are left with wondering what I am complaining about for real. The answer to that is "nothing."

I don't see why I shouldn't make jokes in a thread where the OP makes a joke about me.

Well if it was a joke it fell flat , have you thought that the reason people reacted the way they did was because it didn't look like self deprecation, rather just you being you when you interact with the admins.

If you want to be funny don't try subtly it will go over our heads, hits us with full on idiocy that's something we know really well, I would recommend slapstick but I don't know how that works in words.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 25 February 2018

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
mjk45 said:

Well if it was a joke it fell flat , have you thought that the reason people reacted the way they did was because it didn't look like self deprecation, rather just you being you when you interact with the admins.

I don't remember running into immediate contradictions when interacting with admins or mods, so something as uncharacteristic as this should be a strong hint that something isn't like usual.

I just feel that the reason it got the reaction it did was your history of pushing people's buttons and continually stirring the pot repeatedly whether for good or ill, has lead to a situation where I and others have had no problem thinking the contradictions where just the culmination of it becoming an obsession, now that you have stated your intent ,we can be glad that wasn't the case , still how you think the reply  constitutes self deprecation when you said you where portraying someone else not yourself is a mystery best kept secret.

RolStoppable said:
mjk45 said:

I just feel that the reason it got the reaction it did was your history of pushing people's buttons and continually stirring the pot repeatedly whether for good or ill, has lead to a situation where I and others have had no problem thinking the contradictions where just the culmination of it becoming an obsession, now that you have stated your intent ,we can be glad that wasn't the case , still how you think the reply  constitutes self deprecation when you said you where portraying someone else not yourself is a mystery best kept secret.

I describe it as self-deprecation because "This makes you look bad, Rol." is one of the likely reactions to it. What I didn't expect is that the reactions would continue into a direction where virtually everyone concluded that it couldn't be a joke, especially after it became known that I deactivated the banners myself.

What reason do you think lead to us missing your joke, besides the fact that it wasn't done in knock knock form.

Ganoncrotch said:
Cloudman said:

I'm on the side that mods should have their tags on at all times. Users should know who has the authority to give warnings and bans. Though TalonMan looks to be the exception, since I've seen he needs it to carry on his work. Other tags like 'Site Admin'  I don't really mind if those are hidden, but it would be nice to see who are the lovely folks who fix up the site

From a thread last night Trucks also has the tag but doesn't do the role. So talon is not the only one with the Tag who doesn't moderate on these forums.

hmmm

ioi might have the tag also.... or may have done before, I know he holds mod powers on the site regardless.

In that case, he's fine to hide his as well

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

TalonMan said:
Teeqoz said:

Fixed...

Geez Louise. We're coming up on a week since this started. If you're interested, I have other ideas. Ha.

Really though, thanks again. Been keeping tabs on how this has unfolded across 3 different threads, so I'm aware of the problems that have arisen, if not the amount of work you've put in as a result.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

RolStoppable said:
TalonMan said:

LOL - yeah, your name has come up once or twice due to your having said or done something stupid, but it certainly has never risen to the level of "constant". You're just not that important, dude - sorry..  :(

Hm... on one hand, that's good because it means that reports of my posts get almost always instantly dismissed. On the other hand, it's disappointing because it means that I've been slacking off when it comes to maintaining my bad boy image.

Just pay me and ill make sure it will happen

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.