By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Hide Avatar Banners

VGPolyglot said:
mjk45 said:

So let me get this right , you are bullied by having tags that make you look ridiculous , but when they are removed by someone who thinks you like being ridiculous, you then want those tags back , that very  action  proves the other admin right, of you liking being ridiculous, while also disproving the  point on bullying since your actions make it now seem like the tags where  a gift rather than a burden.

He removed the tags himself.

So he's asking for the tag's back that he himself removed , that really proves our ridiculous this has become.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
VGPolyglot said:

He removed the tags himself.

So he's asking for the tag's back that he himself removed , that really proves our ridiculous this has become.

He can actually add them back whenever he wants.

VGPolyglot said:
mjk45 said:

He can actually add them back whenever he wants.

that's even more ridiculous !

Bristow9091 said:
mjk45 said:

that's even more ridiculous !

A basic tl;dr explanation would be that basically, Rol has the ability to turn his banners/tags on and off whenever he likes, and he's chosen to turn them off and accuse the admins of removing them for the simple reason that he gets a kick out of it... 

All I can add to that is it saddens me.

TalonMan said:
Bristow9091 said:

A basic tl;dr explanation would be that basically, Rol has the ability to turn his banners/tags on and off whenever he likes, and he's chosen to turn them off and accuse the admins of removing them for the simple reason that he'll get a kick out of it... 

In fairness - I think his complaint is about the "backseat moderator" tag that I stuck on him. I wasn't about to write specialized code for Rol, so his current options are:

- leave the banners on, and display his precious "I am a bully" banner (along with the "backseat moderator")

- turn them off altogether

This has become a real headache

Around the Network
Machina said:
pokoko said:

As far as I can see, people with official positions should have their banners displayed in the name of transparency. On the other hand, people who have banners "because they have friends on the admin/mod team" ... why is that even a thing in the first place?

+1

I guess this is a good time to request a "Like" button :)

Bristow9091 said:
Proxy-Pie said:

I guess this is a good time to request a "Like" button :)

You'd think so, but no.

For not explaining why not

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'm on the side that mods should have their tags on at all times. Users should know who has the authority to give warnings and bans. Though TalonMan looks to be the exception, since I've seen he needs it to carry on his work. Other tags like 'Site Admin'  I don't really mind if those are hidden, but it would be nice to see who are the lovely folks who fix up the site

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Bristow9091 said:
Cloudman said:

I'm on the side that mods should have their tags on at all times. Users should know who has the authority to give warnings and bans. Though TalonMan looks to be the exception, since I've seen he needs it to carry on his work. Other tags like 'Site Admin'  I don't really mind if those are hidden, but it would be nice to see who are the lovely folks who fix up the site

None of the mods will be hiding their tags, no need to worry about that, the only time that happened was during testing of the new feature.

Yeah, that's what I got from a different thread. I'm just throwing in my 2 cents, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Bristow9091 said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, that's what I got from a different thread. I'm just throwing in my 2 cents, haha.

We also accept bitcoin ;)

Try to convince him to become a Supporter!