By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XV shipped 7 Million (Made good profits day one) and hoped they sell 2 million copies for PC.

tabata did really a great job

Around the Network
Vertigo-X said:
So, I've heard about the second half of FFXV sucking (or it's different, at least) compared to the first. With the current DLCs and the like, what do you guys think of the story and gameplay?

I honestly thought it was the most coherent Final Fantasy Game I've played (I've played 4, 6, 7, 10, 13). It got kind of weird at the end, and it's a little difficult to understand exactly what/who one character is, but nothing compared to the convoluted 13 (or 13-2).

I actually really enjoyed it, so much so that I played it until I got the platinum (only my 3rd ever) and was pretty disappointed when I was done. That said, obviously not everyone had the same enjoyment I did.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
Vertigo-X said:
So, I've heard about the second half of FFXV sucking (or it's different, at least) compared to the first. With the current DLCs and the like, what do you guys think of the story and gameplay?

I honestly thought it was the most coherent Final Fantasy Game I've played (I've played 4, 6, 7, 10, 13). It got kind of weird at the end, and it's a little difficult to understand exactly what/who one character is, but nothing compared to the convoluted 13 (or 13-2).

I actually really enjoyed it, so much so that I played it until I got the platinum (only my 3rd ever) and was pretty disappointed when I was done. That said, obviously not everyone had the same enjoyment I did.

Thanks! I feel better about pre-ordering the Windows version, then.

I originally pre-ordered Destiny 2 PC but cancelled a couple of weeks before release because I heard from console players about how Bungie didn't learn from D1. Didn't want a repeat of that!

The BuShA owns all!

Massive success on consoles.. Will hit 10m with pc. Huge.

Vertigo-X said:

I think you're thinking of the relatively short linear section of the game where the story becomes more focused.  The story really ramps up here and is imo one of the best parts of the game.  BUT no worries, you'll be able to go back to an open world at a certain point.

This isn't a spoiler, but once you get to this lighthouse with an option to sail out from a boat, this is where the linear section starts.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:

Did he though? I mean I understand he had 3ish years. But he still lied about a lot and its probably to defend SE. But everything out and coming out should have been in day 1. 

Carl2291 said:
Looks like they're gonna eventually leg it out to 10 Million.

Which I think is a huge achievement after what the XIII saga seemingly did to the franchise. Don't fuck up XVI now.

That is Internet gamer imagination. Final Fantasy Xlll did nothing to the series. The Huge achievement is that FF15 is the most drastic evolution of Final Fantasy yet and even through all the hate trains it will outsell every Final Fantasy up to X taking a spot in the top 3 highest selling games in the series. What a achievement. 

Harkins1721 said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

Did he though? I mean I understand he had 3ish years. But he still lied about a lot and its probably to defend SE. But everything out and coming out should have been in day 1. 

that's right but i think that he was really under big pressure, wasn't the best job to finish this game after all this time

I thought FF was a bigger franchise tbh.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Xxain said:

That is Internet gamer imagination. Final Fantasy Xlll did nothing to the series. The Huge achievement is that FF15 is the most drastic evolution of Final Fantasy yet and even through all the hate trains it will outsell every Final Fantasy up to X taking a spot in the top 3 highest selling games in the series. What a achievement. 

I think the XIII saga and the obsession with Lightning put a huge downer on the franchise, specifically in the West. It's why Lightning Returns sold as poorly as it did, despite XIII-2 selling somewhat okay and XIII itself doing really well, all things considered.

X sold ~8 Million
XIII sold ~7.5 Million

X-2 sold ~5.3 Million
XIII-2 sold ~3.4 Million

Lightning Returns sold ~1.3 Million

People wanted something fresh and they certainly got that with XV. XIII was stale and held the franchise back on Gen 7.