By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XV shipped 7 Million (Made good profits day one) and hoped they sell 2 million copies for PC.

Alkibiádēs said:
I thought FF was a bigger franchise tbh.

Well, numbers for previous games have been available here for a lot of time 

Around the Network

I'm neither happy nor sad about this. I'm just ambivalent. It's an odd feeling, considering that it was once the most important series in all of gaming for me. I guess I've accepted that Final Fantasy has become something that is no longer intended for me.

Still, I do admit that I'm curious about what Japanese pop trends they're going to borrow from for the next game.

DId very well considering the last mainline FF ( lightning returns ) before it sold horribly.

Nautilus said:
Well, this is honestly very sad.Obviosly this is a personal opinion, but I wanted for the game to have sold less.It wont sell much more than this, given that its already been 1 years give or take, and it was already pretty discounted for a while, as far as I remember.The Windows version could sell more, but I dont think it will.

But what makes me sad is that,m for FF, this game was not good, but most importantly, they released an incomplete game and people still bought it.Hopefully Square fixes things up with XVI and get Tabata awaqy from the FF brand, but given how much they made with the season passes and this "lazy" way to develop the game, I dont think we are going to see FF come back to glory anytime soon.

It has good legs, so unfortunately for you it will keep selling.

5m launch, 6m in May 2017, 6.5m by September 2017, and now 7m. All without the PC version.

I bought an expensive PS3 for this game so of course I am going to buy it :P.

Bought the Royal Edition, was one of the first in the world to play it. Was worth every cent.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Nautilus said:
Well, this is honestly very sad.Obviosly this is a personal opinion, but I wanted for the game to have sold less.It wont sell much more than this, given that its already been 1 years give or take, and it was already pretty discounted for a while, as far as I remember.The Windows version could sell more, but I dont think it will.

But what makes me sad is that,m for FF, this game was not good, but most importantly, they released an incomplete game and people still bought it.Hopefully Square fixes things up with XVI and get Tabata awaqy from the FF brand, but given how much they made with the season passes and this "lazy" way to develop the game, I dont think we are going to see FF come back to glory anytime soon.

It has good legs, so unfortunately for you it will keep selling.

5m launch, 6m in May 2017, 6.5m by September 2017, and now 7m. All without the PC version.

I bought an expensive PS3 for this game so of course I am going to buy it :P.

Yeah, its very sad unfortunelly.FF used to be synonimous with quality.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Alkibiádēs said:

How many games you thought were bigger??? You were lost on Capcom thread as well... you have the charts to check you know?

Until last gen a 5M game was massive, even 2M was very healthy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The game may have felt incomplete but I personally enjoyed this game very much! I'm happy for the sales and the legs so that they were able to continue with the DLC to make the game more complete.

Nautilus said:

For me it was a good game... and it was complete, it is just as any book or game you can always ask yourself "what happened there" and explore it. Even the absence of the explanation of Ignis and Promptus isn't really something that is so important that you feel the story wasn't finished.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

pastro243 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Well, numbers for previous games have been available here for a lot of time 

I don't look up franchises that don't interest me.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides