By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FAMITSU "Most Wanted" 2-18-18

LipeJJ said:
Kerotan said:
Top 5 all ps4

There's a Vita game there too.

Which one  ?

Around the Network

Ugh i feel like Kirby is underestimated there. There is no way its on the same level as Bayonetta 3 lol. Its really not accurate.

I feel like these are sorta biased towards playstation games, I always feel they aren't so in touch with eventual sales

pastro243 said:
I feel like these are sorta biased towards playstation games, I always feel they aren't so in touch with eventual sales

They usually aren't but this time around at least for the top 2, both games will sell pretty decent. FF and KH will both sell over 1M but probably not past 2M or even 1.5M based off previous entries in each of the series. FFVII Remake might be able to muster past 2M based on you know...it's FFVII. None of these games are a Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Pokemon or Animal Crossing in terms of sales, but they'll pull their own weight for sure. 

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 22 February 2018

pokoko said:
Far Cry 5 having almost as many votes as Bayonetta 3 made me chuckle a bit. Just wish Valkyria Chronicles 4 was higher.

Far Cry 5 will likely outsell Bayonetta 3 tho.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
LipeJJ said:

There's a Vita game there too.

Which one  ?

Romancing SaGa 3 is charting quite high, wow.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Ljink96 said:
pastro243 said:

They usually aren't but this time around at least for the top 2, both games will sell pretty decent. FF and KH will both sell over 1M but probably not past 2M or even 1.5M based off previous entries in each of the series. FFVII Remake might be able to muster past 2M based on you know...it's FFVII. None of these games are a Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Pokemon or Animal Crossing in terms of sales, but they'll pull their own weight for sure. 

Yeah, I'm not saying they  won't do great, but other games like those you mentioned should be higher if we were talking about how representative of the japanese market these rankings were 

Still surprised there is no news on DQ XI for Switch

Am excited for DQB 2 as well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Darwinianevolution said:
I still get confused about the Persona Q series. A crossover from series that have never been on Nintendo consoles, using graphics and gameplay from other entirely different series, and people still goes nuts for it, it seems.

Persona Q is great. It is basically an Etrian Odyssey game with Persona style. That works pretty well. I wouldn't call it series though, until the second game is out.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

pastro243 said:

You're right. They aren't matching up with real sales and tend to have a hardcore-gamer bias (the Playstation bias is a result of that). Famitsu-readers.

To compare, look at the yearly sales 2017 and the most wanted list from end of 2016:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234285

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8698446

You should notice that RE7 is twice in the most wanted list with different writing, both together it is easily at the top.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]