By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 5G data coming soon

http://bgr.com/2018/02/21/5g-release-date-us-att-vs-verizon/

There's still places that cannot get 4G data... haha. Some can't get 3G, but hey I welcome faster data for the same price...

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

Pretty neat I guess, but for me 4G is fast enough.
I can stream Netflix or do Skype video calls without hiccups while riding on a bus going 100 km/h on the highway.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Yeah, well 4G tops out around 15mb/s, which is faster than my internet at home. Here is some ****ing crazy news:

5G will increase download speeds up to 10 gigabits per second.

What in the hell would someone need 10gb/s for? You can download full PC games in 5 seconds. Here come's the Watchdogs.

Also on a side note, after creating this topic I am getting ads from Keysight Technology on 5G speed.

Will be useful for those who use their phones as their hot-spot. Especially for gaming.

Around the Network

Honestly this is a nice progression. It means better connections.

Would be nice if Australia’s internet speeds can match 3G/4G speeds as NBN is a catastrophic failure here. But I’d love to have 5G data speeds if I had unlimited mobile data.

And canada will probably be 10 years behind and charge through the ass when it comes out. Hell, none of our carriers even offer ultimate data yet...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Yeah, nice 5G with huge speeds on cell phones that no one will actually use cause data caps are horrible and everyone waits to be home or on a WIFI to watch stuff like videos and do big downloads. So at the end of the day, 5G like 4G, 3G and 2G will be used for the same thing: Read emails and other text sources and send text messages...

(This rant is about mobile use in my country. I won't speak of other countries as I don't know what the deals are over there)

CrazyGamer2017 said:
Yeah, nice 5G with huge speeds on cell phones that no one will actually use cause data caps are horrible and everyone waits to be home or on a WIFI to watch stuff like videos and do big downloads. So at the end of the day, 5G like 4G, 3G and 2G will be used for the same thing: Read emails and other text sources and send text messages...

(This rant is about mobile use in my country. I won't speak of other countries as I don't know what the deals are over there)

Haha!

Yeah I did not think of portable gaming, but isn't 15mb/s enough for that? I think the bigger issue like everyone is saying, is unlimited data.