By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Newest Charts?

Roberto63 said:
Especially as they said it’s going to be updated much quicker.
So I’ll check back in in May to see February’s chart.

*cough cough june

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
newwil7l said:
No idea but if Vgchartz wants to stop losing traffic they need to be more consistent with their updates.

^This, very much so.

VGPolyglot said:

Trust me, Machina really would if he could. However, there are circumstances outside of his control that really are holding things up.

Like what?

Check his wall posts for updates.

XD84 said:

The answer is on Machinas wall:

gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/5174/machina/

Well, that's a bummer

Hopefully the upcoming charts can be prepared in advance already. Then they could be posted quickly after the problem is resolved

Bofferbrauer2 said:
XD84 said:

The answer is on Machinas wall:

gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/5174/machina/

Well, that's a bummer

Hopefully the upcoming charts can be prepared in advance already. Then they could be posted quickly after the problem is resolved

This is actually a good point. Machina once mentioned that he can only put in the data one at a time. But he could have them ready so that he only has to put in the numbers.

TalonMan said:
CaptainExplosion said:

^This, very much so.

Like what?

...like if I told you how many RIDICULOUS and TEDIOUS tasks Machina is currently going through (which I only just uncovered last night), you would by shocked, dismayed, and probably beg the guy for forgiveness for even questioning where these charts are.

I'm telling you in all seriousness - I was absolutely FLOORED once I figured out exactly how much work he's been having to put into each one of these weekly charts, it's absolutely INSANE!!!! Obviously, I have to fix this for him - but as this only came to light last night, I haven't even had a chance to address it...    ...meanwhile, still waiting for ioi to help us with the INITIAL problem that caused Machina to stop in the first place. Help hasn't come yet, which is why I took it upon myself to start digging deeper and pulling back the curtain a bit more.

Things are going to change, and they are going to change soon. Right now, I just need to get Machina back up and running.

Thank you for your clarity about this subject. I hope you will find the best long-term solution to make it for Machina as easy as possible.

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
CaptainExplosion said:

^This, very much so.

Like what?

...like if I told you how many RIDICULOUS and TEDIOUS tasks Machina is currently going through (which I only just uncovered last night), you would by shocked, dismayed, and probably beg the guy for forgiveness for even questioning where these charts are.

I'm telling you in all seriousness - I was absolutely FLOORED once I figured out exactly how much work he's been having to put into each one of these weekly charts, it's absolutely INSANE!!!! Obviously, I have to fix this for him - but as this only came to light last night, I haven't even had a chance to address it...    ...meanwhile, still waiting for ioi to help us with the INITIAL problem that caused Machina to stop in the first place. Help hasn't come yet, which is why I took it upon myself to start digging deeper and pulling back the curtain a bit more.

Things are going to change, and they are going to change soon. Right now, I just need to get Machina back up and running.

This is why I voted for you in the greatest user thread. 

Any updates from Machina?

Dankaroo said:

Dont hang me up on this, but i think i heard the biggest bug got fixed.. so knowing Machina asap

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Dankaroo said:

Message on his wall:

Machina updated his status:

Looks like we're up and running again!

US pre-order chart link now directs to the correct page.

Will get to work on the USA chart tomo and hopefully publish it as well. 

Going to go into crunch mode until I've gotten the charts 4 weeks from actual - as of today they're almost 10 weeks from actual because of the various delays :'(

Machina said:
Dankaroo said:

Half way through the next US chart. Should hopefully get it out today. UK tomo. Germany the day after. France, Europe, Japan, and WW I'll try to get done all in one day, though can't guarantee it.

All depends on encountering no more bugs with the code or whatever it was that caused the problem (I know nothing about coding myself so can't really say; I just tell Talon when I hit a roadblock and he goes and fixes it for me xD).

TalonMan said:

I know Machina absolutely has his work cut out for him - the problem was that one of the background tasks that we rely on for a good portion of chart building, was down for nearly two months, but we didn't know.

As I've mentioned in various threads, once Machina gets a good handle on all of this cleanup and gets everything to a productive place, I will be turning my attention to this process, completely . I'm going to recode much of what he's doing to:
- reduce the number of required steps, A LOT
- get him some reportable stats for the background processes so he'll know when things are done and we won't find ourselves in this position again
- hopefully get him to a place where he can REALLY churn out charts, MUCH faster!!

Just hang in there a little bit longer - we're almost there... :)

What has ioi actually done to deserve all this volunteer effort to save his neglected project? Seems like you guys put in all the effort and he just slacks off reaping the reward...