By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - >90 METACRITIC: The Nintendo Switch has more Games than PS4 and XB1 together (First Year)

Mar1217 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Well yeah, it's over in like 10 seconds. The long races are kind of boring

I mean, sometimes you already know who's gonna win since their advance is too big to comeback from, so I kinda agree.

Conclusion, first year numbers are always more exciting to watch than long term one's :P

100 m is like the first month though :p

Around the Network

Major games like TLOU have been released on the PS3 until its death (God of War and Gran Turismo too IIRC). The Wii U has been completely abandoned for years before the release of the Switch.

How surprising that one of the console had a more loaded first year when the company focused development on it for years, compared to another company who took care of its predecessor until the end (and same thing for third party). It's almost like if different strategies gave different results, guys!

Any other thread about "let's compare statistics while completely ignoring the context and strategies leading to these statistics"? 

Last edited by Faelco - on 14 February 2018

Launching mid gen has helped the switch here, games took a lot of time to come for PS4/xbone

Great first year none the less

pastro243 said:
Launching mid gen has helped the switch here, games took a lot of time to come for PS4/xbone

As much as I love the Switch, I fully agree with that statement.  Lots of developers have already made games for both PS4 and Xbox One. So it's easy for the Switch to get some of the titles already previously released or made in conjunction with the competition. Unfortunately the PS4 and Xbox One didn't have that going for them.

However I will say that regardless of the indie games that came out on Switch already, the 1st party from Nintendo alone made it stronger than the 1st year of PS4 and Xbox One anyway. Very impressive from the Switch.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
pastro243 said:

As much as I love the Switch, I fully agree with that statement.  Lots of developers have already made games for both PS4 and Xbox One. So it's easy for the Switch to get some of the titles already previously released or made in conjunction with the competition. Unfortunately the PS4 and Xbox One didn't have that going for them.

However I will say that regardless of the indie games that came out on Switch already, the 1st party from Nintendo alone made it stronger than the 1st year of PS4 and Xbox One anyway. Very impressive from the Switch.

Agree with that, Nintendo has done a great job and knew how to take the best of the WiiU disaster to start in a great way the life cycle of the NS. Hell, I love my ps4 but first year it was selling mostly because it had credit, most people knew great games would come, we just had to wait longer

Around the Network

Switch has a good launch

A lot of ports, but still good games

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Faelco said:

Major games like TLOU have been released on the PS3 until its death (God of War and Gran Turismo too IIRC). The Wii U has been completely abandoned for years before the release of the Switch.

How surprising that one of the console had a more loaded first year when the company focused development on it for years, compared to another company who took care of its predecessor until the end (and same thing for third party). It's almost like if different strategies gave different results, guys!

Any other thread about "let's compare statistics while completely ignoring the context and strategies leading to these statistics"? 

Most unbiased and informitive post that has been made in this thread. 

And also I forgot all the awesome support the the Vita got from Sony after 2013, can someone remind me?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Platina said:
Switch has a good launch

Getting to play those ports on the go really does make some of them better and more enjoyable experiences in my opinion though, perhaps it's just the way my life is now, but I can't commit hours to sitting in front of a TV for many games, the Switch and its rest mode makes games so much more accessible.

Also in terms of ports on the Switch.

Bayonetta 2 is sold out on Amazon.co.uk , both special and regular version of it, and it's already charting in the charts on the eshop even before it has launched. More people getting to enjoy Platinum's fine work.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

flashfire926 said:
Faelco said:

Most unbiased and informitive post that has been made in this thread. 

And also I forgot all the awesome support the the Vita got from Sony after 2013, can someone remind me?

Sony continued to sell the memory cards for it... I guess? They made bank on those things.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Platina said:
Switch has a good launch

Getting to play those ports on the go really does make some of them better and more enjoyable experiences in my opinion though, perhaps it's just the way my life is now, but I can't commit hours to sitting in front of a TV for many games, the Switch and its rest mode makes games so much more accessible.

Also in terms of ports on the Switch.

Bayonetta 2 is sold out on Amazon.co.uk , both special and regular version of it, and it's already charting in the charts on the eshop even before it has launched. More people getting to enjoy Platinum's fine work.

Yep, not going to complain that the Switch is getting more games :p

Considering to double dip for a few games just because of the portability option

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]