By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - >90 METACRITIC: The Nintendo Switch has more Games than PS4 and XB1 together (First Year)

Hmm. Tricky since two of those titles on Switch are available on PS4.



Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Such a very awkward thread.

Last edited by Bandorr - on 14 February 2018

  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:

Such a very awkward thread.

How so? Other than the questionable decision to include Bayonetta 2 on the list twice.



Medisti said:
Bandorr said:

Such a very awkward thread.

How so? Other than the questionable decision to include Bayonetta 2 on the list twice.

Including GTA on Xbox and PS4. Why include the same game twice?

Rayman legends got a 90 on xbox1 and ps4 also. So if you are going to include GTA twice, why not Rayman legends twice?

They didn't include Flowers a ps4 90+ game.

Along with including Bayonetta 2, and not just waiting a week when those games actually come out.

Plus including games like celest and shovel knights is a little weird.  Those games came out independent of the switch and just happened to release in the first year of the switch.

Where as Zelda/Mario/Mario all released on the first year of the switch on purpose.

Not to mention that a metacritic score means nothing.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

At the end of the day, I don't think it can be denied that the Switch had an excellent 1st year. How it'll do the 2nd and beyond, we'll just have to wait and see.



 

              

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Medisti said:

How so? Other than the questionable decision to include Bayonetta 2 on the list twice.

Including GTA on Xbox and PS4. Why include the same game twice?

Rayman legends got a 90 on xbox1 and ps4 also. So if you are going to include GTA twice, why not Rayman legends twice?

They didn't include Flowers a ps4 90+ game.

Along with including Bayonetta 2, and not just waiting a week when those games actually come out.

Plus including games like celest and shovel knights is a little weird.  Those games came out independent of the switch and just happened to release in the first year of the switch.

Where as Zelda/Mario/Mario all released on the first year of the switch on purpose.

Not to mention that a metacritic score means nothing.

Because they're separate consoles? Rayman Legends should be on both for sure, and Flower should be on PS4.

What's wrong with including Celeste? It came out in the first year of the Switch's life cycle. Shovel Knight is no more questionable than the many ports that the first year of Xbox One and PS4 had, and had the new DLC that launched.

Maybe instead of just insulting the thread you could have opened with this constructive criticism to improve the list? The entire purpose of this site is to discuss sales figures, meta data and compare consoles and games.



Medisti said:
Bandorr said:

Including GTA on Xbox and PS4. Why include the same game twice?

Rayman legends got a 90 on xbox1 and ps4 also. So if you are going to include GTA twice, why not Rayman legends twice?

They didn't include Flowers a ps4 90+ game.

Along with including Bayonetta 2, and not just waiting a week when those games actually come out.

Plus including games like celest and shovel knights is a little weird.  Those games came out independent of the switch and just happened to release in the first year of the switch.

Where as Zelda/Mario/Mario all released on the first year of the switch on purpose.

Not to mention that a metacritic score means nothing.

Because they're separate consoles? Rayman Legends should be on both for sure, and Flower should be on PS4.

What's wrong with including Celeste? It came out in the first year of the Switch's life cycle. Shovel Knight is no more questionable than the many ports that the first year of Xbox One and PS4 had, and had the new DLC that launched.

Maybe instead of just insulting the thread you could have opened with this constructive criticism to improve the list? The entire purpose of this site is to discuss sales figures, meta data and compare consoles and games.

Including the same game simply for being on two systems is strange. It is the same game with no different content. I wasn't insulting the thread, I was describing it.

It IS very awkward. It is missing one game. It is including one game, but not another. Plus it is separating a collection for no reason.

By your logic you'd add Rayman to xbox ,and count GTA twice. Plus you'd add flower. That puts ps4 at 5+1. Xbox at 1+1. And switch at -1 for "combining" the collection.

Putting PS4+XB1 at 8, and switch at 7. So the title is inaccurate.

Or we can remove GTA, and not add Rayman legends. Which makes the Xbox pointless in this comparison. And thus the title is inaccurate again.

Meaning the only way the title is accurate is if we A) include GTA to  overlap. B) not include Rayman and C) keep The Bayonetta separate. Which makes for.. a very awkward thread.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
Medisti said:

How so? Other than the questionable decision to include Bayonetta 2 on the list twice.

Including GTA on Xbox and PS4. Why include the same game twice?

Rayman legends got a 90 on xbox1 and ps4 also. So if you are going to include GTA twice, why not Rayman legends twice?

They didn't include Flowers a ps4 90+ game.

Along with including Bayonetta 2, and not just waiting a week when those games actually come out.

Plus including games like celest and shovel knights is a little weird.  Those games came out independent of the switch and just happened to release in the first year of the switch.

Where as Zelda/Mario/Mario all released on the first year of the switch on purpose.

Not to mention that a metacritic score means nothing.

If we can add flower, why not add Celeste too (and vice versa)? 

Since flower is also an indie too.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Bandorr said:

Including GTA on Xbox and PS4. Why include the same game twice?

Rayman legends got a 90 on xbox1 and ps4 also. So if you are going to include GTA twice, why not Rayman legends twice?

They didn't include Flowers a ps4 90+ game.

Along with including Bayonetta 2, and not just waiting a week when those games actually come out.

Plus including games like celest and shovel knights is a little weird.  Those games came out independent of the switch and just happened to release in the first year of the switch.

Where as Zelda/Mario/Mario all released on the first year of the switch on purpose.

Not to mention that a metacritic score means nothing.

If we can add flower, why not add Celeste too (and vice versa)? 

Since flower is also an indie too.

My objection is not to it being indie. But more than it just "happened" to release at this time.  Not really much of a minor objection, but just an observation. It feels weird to include a game that is on all systems. One that released at the exact same time simply because it happens to be the Switch first year.

By all means include it. Infact looking at the list we should probably add Retro City Rampage DX for the switch. It released in the first year and has a 91 score. It only has 5 reviews though so maybe that is why it was left off?

I just generally think the list is a mess. It has no consistency.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Ka-pi96 said:
Mar1217 said:

100m sprint has always been perceived as the King event in athletism :3

Well yeah, it's over in like 10 seconds. The long races are kind of boring

I mean, sometimes you already know who's gonna win since their advance is too big to comeback from, so I kinda agree.

Conclusion, first year numbers are always more exciting to watch than long term one's :P



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909