By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - >90 METACRITIC: The Nintendo Switch has more Games than PS4 and XB1 together (First Year)

First 2 years of the PS4 were a shame really.
And btw, Diablo 3 doesn't deserve that score at all and it's coming from a big fan of the franchise. D2 is my favorite game of all time but D3 is just... ugh and on consoles on top of that lmao what.

Around the Network

Nintendo fans giving great scores for the iterative exclusives which are the reason for them to buy the platform in the first place (and those games don't have to compete against the huge third party blockbusters, so they easily become the cream of the crop on the platform). Gee, what a shocker.
Relax, guys. The Switch looks to be a success, you don't have to bend over backwards to prove that.

Dante9 said:
Nintendo fans giving great scores for the iterative exclusives which are the reason for them to buy the platform in the first place (and those games don't have to compete against the huge third party blockbusters, so they easily become the cream of the crop on the platform). Gee, what a shocker.
Relax, guys. The Switch looks to be a success, you don't have to bend over backwards to prove that.

Would you mind expanding this a tiny bit? I really don't understand what Nintendo fans have to do with the scores here

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

But at what cost for Nintendo ? No notable Wii U games during 3 / 4 years because they were developed for Switch instead ?

I doubt that gamers are interesting in this odd stat. Because currently it's 8 vs 21 games.

And the best first year was on Dreamcast anyways with Soul Calibur 98 (well earned) metacritic score ! :P

A good start for the NS. As an NS owner i hope it can keep up the pace for the years to come.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

Such a shame there are only 2 new games and the rest are either ports or indie games that are also available on PS4 and Xone. It's still better but than zero like the PS4/Xone though.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

RolStoppable said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Would you mind expanding this a tiny bit? I really don't understand what Nintendo fans have to do with the scores here

Reviewers are heavily Nintendo-biased and they are universally ignorant of games on non-Nintendo platforms. If Nintendo games weren't reviewed in this vacuum, their aggregate scores would drop anywhere from 10 to 30 points.

There is no evidence whatsoever to back this statement up. Some reviewers might be biased. But that's the case with every console. Plenty of nintendo games have been poorly received, such as 12 switch, Mario party top 100 in the last year.

Switch first year was the best first year of any video game console ever. PS4 and Xbox one where the least impressive console launches ever imo. First game on any of the platforms that i even wanted to play was Bloodborne 15 months or so after the release of the PS4.

Good, Switch is a great console and its library is prerry great.

Edit: another great thing about Switch is that makes other fans pretty salty. I read at least two in this page.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

mundus6 said:
Switch first year was the best first year of any video game console ever. PS4 and Xbox one where the least impressive console launches ever imo. First game on any of the platforms that i even wanted to play was Bloodborne 15 months or so after the release of the PS4.

I'm not sure if I'd say best ever, but it's definitely one of the strongest in a couple of generations. The GameCube and dreamcast had some great titles in there launch years.