By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - >90 METACRITIC: The Nintendo Switch has more Games than PS4 and XB1 together (First Year)

Ka-pi96 said:

I was just picking on the easy target

But I meant it more in the other way, ie. just because a game didn't get a 90+ metacritic score doesn't mean that it's not beloved.

Well that's why I said I should have used air quotes. It's not like I actually believe that how beloved a game is equates to a literal score. That's not how the world works. But with this way of thinking we should never ever use aggregate score systems. Especially for popular games which will always have more reviews and thus a bigger likely hood of opposing opinions. You get my point : P I just didn't want to repeat the word "higher" and "score" all the time. 

Around the Network

Switch still has more than both combined. You can't count Rayman and GTA V twice. They're one game each!

PS4 + XBONE:
GTA V
Last of Us : Remastered
Flower
Diablo 3
Rayman
FEZ

Swtich

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Celeste
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition

Or remove Bayo 2 and add the collection. Simple.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
Switch still has more than both combined. You can't count Rayman and GTA V twice. They're one game each!

PS4 + XBONE:
GTA V
Flower
Diablo 3
Rayman
FEZ

Swtich

Super Mario Odyssey
Celeste
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

you right!

3 of those 7 Switch games are also on the PS4, nice. But MC is flawed because number of reviews make a big difference. Both Guacamelee Turbo Edition and Velocity 2X have 90 on platforms other than the PS4 but are still on the PS4.

brute said:

PS4 + XBONE:
GTA V
Flower
Diablo 3
Rayman
FEZ

Swtich

Super Mario Odyssey
Celeste
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

But they count individually for both systems. If GTA V came out on the Switch, and got a 90+, that score wouldn't be rendered null on a similar list due it having already released on the PS4/XBO/PC.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Switch also accomplished two games in 1 year that scored a 97 meta, something Xbox has only achieved once and Playstation hasnt yet. That alone speaks for itself.

What game are you referring to?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Lawlight said:
3 of those 7 Switch games are also on the PS4, nice. But MC is flawed because number of reviews make a big difference. Both Guacamelee Turbo Edition and Velocity 2X have 90 on platforms other than the PS4 but are still on the PS4.

Yes, this is another thing about this list. Not only the number of reviews, as you mentioned, but the platform specific sites also play a role in different scores. MGS5 for example. The XBO MGS5 has a higher metascore than the the PS4 does. And this is despite the fact that the PS4 is home to the demonstrably superior version. I must be in a weird mood tonight, because talking meta isn't something I find particularly enjoyable most of the time.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 14 February 2018

Ps4 is a marathon runner though

aikohualda said:

100m sprint has always been perceived as the King event in athletism :3

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
aikohualda said:

100m sprint has always been perceived as the King event in athletism :3

Well yeah, it's over in like 10 seconds. The long races are kind of boring