By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Japan Chart 5/2-11/2

StuOhQ said:
Kerotan said:

Ps4 and mhw ripping up the chart.

1.75m retail only is the big news this week. It will beat splatoon wii u to become the top selling home console game of its generation.

It will beat ff13 ps3 top selling title.

MHW and ps4 were supply constrained this week so expect a decent week next week.

Ps4 now destroying ps3

I'm willing to be proven wrong again, but let's give things a year. That chart doesn't seem to be implying that the PS4 is destroying the PS3 at all - just that it's on a spike right now, similar to the one we saw a little over a year ago. 

This spike is much bigger plus ps3 doesnt have any huge spikes left to catch up like it had with the ff13 + price cut + slim boost. 

Around the Network

Switch games continue to selling great.

Kerotan said:
StuOhQ said:

I'm willing to be proven wrong again, but let's give things a year. That chart doesn't seem to be implying that the PS4 is destroying the PS3 at all - just that it's on a spike right now, similar to the one we saw a little over a year ago. 

This spike is much bigger plus ps3 doesnt have any huge spikes left to catch up like it had with the ff13 + price cut + slim boost. 

Ya PS4 should keep the lead over PS3 going forward.

If i had to guess lifetime, i would say over PS3 but under Wii so around ~12 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Signalstar said:
I can't believe how bad Shadow of the Colossus did. Do the Japanese still consider it a Japanese game even though a western dev did the remake? I can no longer defend their taste. But then again I haven't played it. Maybe it sucks

Maybe they have allready played the game on thier PS2’s and wanted something new?

CGI-Quality said:
Fixed the thread up a bit.

Thanks. It looks much better!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

from 109k -> 71k.

Still a strong week.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Thanks for posting I will post my tables later.
I cannot access the site early on. What happened?

I had the same problem as you, i guess it just cleared a little earlier for me!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Switched universes on amazon jp, ps4 is outsold and switch is in stock

Kerotan said:

Ps4 and mhw ripping up the chart.

1.75m retail only is the big news this week. It will beat splatoon wii u to become the top selling home console game of its generation.

It will beat ff13 ps3 top selling title.

MHW and ps4 were supply constrained this week so expect a decent week next week.

Ps4 now destroying ps3

Splat2 is the highest selling HC game in japan. Switch=handheld and home console

tbone51 said:

Splat2 is the highest selling HC game in japan. Switch=handheld and home console

I think he defines Wii U = 8th generation, and Switch = 9th generation. 

The generation paradigm is pretty much dead though, and should be abandoned.