By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Japan Chart 5/2-11/2

Shadow1980 said:

The PS4 is currently doing vastly better than the PS3 was at this point in its life, and that's thanks entirely to Monster Hunter. The PS4 is already at over half a million for the year, nearly a third of what the PS3 sold in 2011 as a whole. With this boost, it's entirely possible for the PS4 to sell over 2 million units this year, something no Sony home console has done since 2004, and no dedicated home console in general has done since 2009.

Do you happen to know what other major releases it has coming this year in Japan?

Monster Hunter gave it a great start to the year but i dont think it can carry it past Spring.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
tbone51 said:

Splat2 is the highest selling HC game in japan. Switch=handheld and home console

I think he defines Wii U = 8th generation, and Switch = 9th generation. 

The generation paradigm is pretty much dead though, and should be abandoned. 

Yes then its true. MHW is the highest hc for gen 8. But gens might be dead now with whats currently going on

tbone51 said:
sc94597 said:

I think he defines Wii U = 8th generation, and Switch = 9th generation. 

The generation paradigm is pretty much dead though, and should be abandoned. 

Yes then its true. MHW is the highest hc for gen 8. But gens might be dead now with whats currently going on

Yeah it's kinda hard to say what gens even are now. Cause if we are really going off gens then wouldn't Sony only be on gen 4 and MS on gen 3. Other console makers shouldn't dictate what gen we are on. Hope that makes sense haha I'm on the wines so :P

think-man said:
tbone51 said:

Yeah it's kinda hard to say what gens even are now. Cause if we are really going off gens then wouldn't Sony only be on gen 4 and MS on gen 3. Other console makers shouldn't dictate what gen we are on. Hope that makes sense haha I'm on the wines so :P

It was easy to clarify intill now. Handhelds are gone. Switch came in halfway of sony/ms gen. Ps4pro and x1x are .5gens like wtf lol

tbone51 said:
think-man said:

It was easy to clarify intill now. Handhelds are gone. Switch came in halfway of sony/ms gen. Ps4pro and x1x are .5gens like wtf lol

Yeah, it's a big hot mess atm. I think we should just go off sales aligned if we really want to gauge how well a console is doing.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Ps4 and mhw ripping up the chart.

1.75m retail only is the big news this week. It will beat splatoon wii u to become the top selling home console game of its generation.

It will beat ff13 ps3 top selling title.

MHW and ps4 were supply constrained this week so expect a decent week next week.

Ps4 now destroying ps3

Splat2 is the highest selling HC game in japan. Switch=handheld and home console

Negatron. Splatoon 2 is gen 9. Ps5 in 2-3 years will be gen 9 too. Splatoon 2 might be the best selling hybrid game of gen 9 and the best selling console game of gen 9 but it won't be the best selling traditional home console title of the gen. Chances are ps5 will win gen 9 in its class by default. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:

Negatron. Splatoon 2 is gen 9. Ps5 in 2-3 years will be gen 9 too. Splatoon 2 might be the best selling hybrid game of gen 9 and the best selling console game of gen 9 but it won't be the best selling traditional home console title of the gen. Chances are ps5 will win gen 9 in its class by default. 

You seem to have dropped something...

I dropped a few facts. 

TruckOSaurus said:
Apparently DW9's new direction is pretty polarizing which could explain the bad results.

It's not the worst results with digital, but yeah it could be better.

And while the game is polarizing from "warriors fans", the game is actually rated highest on metacritic since DW4. And that is despite the imo terrible launch (buggy) and much harsher reviewers.

Dynasty seems way under the par.
Slightly disappointed by SAO too, but at least it progresses compared to SAOvsAW last year. PSN preorders had 1 week of early access, so I expect a fair digital ratio. Digital has been growing on PS4 lately.

Switch seem to have found a 40-50K baseline, which makes it trail behind Wii and 3DS. Interesting to see how it goes from here with no strong line-up atm.

3DS ecosystem is crumbling very, very fast. Sub-10K hardware in the coming weeks and SW no longer charting in the coming months. Definitely not a pillar in Japan as things go. Soon Nintendo business = Switch business.

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

Calling me negatron then proceeds with crazy talk. Your way of thinking means no matter what any1 says ps5 will win lmao. Ok kerotan, ill remember these facts