By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Japan Chart 5/2-11/2

I'm thinking this is close to the baseline of switch, according to people its not widely available, sold out at some stores, and available at others.

Around the Network

Dynasty Warriors really underperformed compared to its predecessors.

SAO Fatal Bullet sold way less than total unit sales of SAO Hollow Realization.

captain carot said:
So, eleven games in the top 20 are for Switch without any new release.
I'm curious how out of stock Switch really is, but it seems Nintendo could sell way more.

Actually had Gal Metal and Cavestory+ for switch (out of The top 20)

Ka-pi96 said:
Acevil said:

The last one which was not considered great sales sold 203,224, dynasty warriors 7 sold 253,090. Debuts of course.

At it's prime it would debut in the 500,000 plus that is 4 and 5.

The last one, as in DW8? IMO DW8 is the single greatest game Koei Tecmo have ever made! I think it was the absolute pinnacle of Dynasty Warriors! Why would people not consider it great?

Looks like it's been a pretty stead decline since 4/5 though. Gotta wonder if part of that is due to oversaturation. Once upon a time if you wanted a musou game it was DW or nothing. Now there's SW, One Piece, Gundam, Arslan, Dragon Quest, Berserk, Zelda, Fire Emblem and you can add Sengoku Basara into that as well. Just hope that having almost half the sales of the previous entry encourages them to really go all out for DW10 though!

Yes last main one was dynasty warriors 8 and for comparison sake this is almost half.

Also this isn't simply about quality. Quality wise a lot of the spinoffs are better. For example I prefer empires over the main game. 

Ps4 and mhw ripping up the chart.

1.75m retail only is the big news this week. It will beat splatoon wii u to become the top selling home console game of its generation.

It will beat ff13 ps3 top selling title.

MHW and ps4 were supply constrained this week so expect a decent week next week.

Ps4 now destroying ps3

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Acevil said:

Yes last main one was dynasty warriors 8 and for comparison sake this is almost half.

Also this isn't simply about quality. Quality wise a lot of the spinoffs are better. For example I prefer empires over the main game. 

hmm, haven't really played 8 Empires yet but I'm usually not too keen on the empires ones. They just seem really repetitive with smaller maps, no campaigns and very very little in the way of actual strategy. Sure, you recruit Lu Bu to your force and have him on your side when you invade somewhere... but you're still doing all the work by yourself anyway since your AI allies are incapable of killing an enemy officer unless they outnumber them 5 to 1 or something

That is also why I preferred 4 or 5. AI teammated and tactics mattered. You could not do it all just like that. 

MH back to where it belongs.

xMetroid said:
Jranation said:
I have a feeling it will be until April where Switch stock does massively increase, but 40k to 60k with no new games is impressive but it could do better with more stock.

Maybe Nintendo is saving those stocks for April cause of the 20mil expectation?

I think so too and they are maybe saving units for a launch in China

Forgot about China. Do we have date there? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kerotan said:

Ps4 and mhw ripping up the chart.

1.75m retail only is the big news this week. It will beat splatoon wii u to become the top selling home console game of its generation.

It will beat ff13 ps3 top selling title.

MHW and ps4 were supply constrained this week so expect a decent week next week.

Ps4 now destroying ps3

I'm willing to be proven wrong again, but let's give things a year. That chart doesn't seem to be implying that the PS4 is destroying the PS3 at all - just that it's on a spike right now, similar to the one we saw a little over a year ago. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

still good sales for monster hunter