By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report: Disney unhappy with EA, considering dropping the Star Wars exclusivity deal early, Activision/Ubisoft have been contacted already

HAs nobody considered Nintendo? Read a lot in this thread but nothing about Nintendo.

I mean, Disney, Nintendo, and Apple all have similar 'sterile yet friendly' outside personas and highly controlled images, even if I don't think their products are the same. that said, Disney and Nintendo are both friendly, and it's not like Nintendo isn't willing to do rated T material (They funded Bayonetta 2 an 3, didn't they?).

Nintendo has probably the best track record for quality.

Nintendo could gain SO MUCH by making Star Wars games exclusive to the Switch.

Nintendo and Disney would mesh well with one another.

the only thing I wouldn't like is if it was an online shooter on the switch. I love the system, but leave the FPS stuff to Sony/Microsoft (And yes, Splatoon was amazing, but it kept messing up for me and I couldn't stay in a match despite both Switch and PS4 being on the same shelf and nearly identical lengths away from the router).

But between Activision and Ubisoft, I will go with Ubisoft every time. I'll take bullshots and lying about the quality of a game's graphical fidelity over predatory loot boxes and pseudo-gambling mechanics any day. Is DRM shit? yes it is, but I don't play on PC so it doesn't really affect me. Does Ubisoft have loot boxes? Somewhere, I'm sure, but not in any of the games of theirs that I play and enjoy. I don't mind open worlds with radio towers!

Point is, I actually really like Ubisoft despite their questionable habits to show off versions of games that the hardware can't handle. I vote for them from the ones listed. Nintendo, ideally.

Wait, what if Naughty Dog was hired to make a game? It'd be as good or better than the-

I'll stop now.

Around the Network

Give it to anybody but Activision or Ubisoft. Ubisoft is just EA Junior anyway.

Honestly, Nintendo did the best job with Star Wars.

The_Yoda said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Jar Jar + Rabbids will be a knockout hit!

Only if you give the rabbids knives ...

Three factors: Rabbids, Gungans, and Ewoks.

The problem with Disney opting in for Nintendo is that they don't have the demographics to bring in huge royalties that they want a cut for every copy of media sold utilizing the Star Wars IP ...

padib said:
Better yet, scrap exclusivity and give a game to each company according to their strengths.

Rogue type games by Ubi, story or fantasy style games to Acti, make other games in house (doesn't Disney Interactive still exist?)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/10/disney-cancels-infinity-no-longer-self-publishing-games

Their game publishing business went defunct ... 

Around the Network
ArtX said:
I'd like to see Square-Enix. They've proved already that can make a good job (KH).

Like we need more Westerners complaining that Star Wars is now confusing like KH is (it isn't, but not everyone can understand the greatness that is Tetsuya Nomura).

EA has shown itself incapable of handeling the license so Disney is doing the right thing to look at alternatives. Smartest thing would probably to to what Wargames have done to Warhammer; give it to different studios and not tie yourself up to just one publisher

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I'm good with whatever is the best chance for a Switch release.

Alara317 said:
HAs nobody considered Nintendo? Read a lot in this thread but nothing about Nintendo.

I mean, Disney, Nintendo, and Apple all have similar 'sterile yet friendly' outside personas and highly controlled images, even if I don't think their products are the same. that said, Disney and Nintendo are both friendly, and it's not like Nintendo isn't willing to do rated T material (They funded Bayonetta 2 an 3, didn't they?).

Nintendo has probably the best track record for quality.

Nintendo could gain SO MUCH by making Star Wars games exclusive to the Switch.

Nintendo and Disney would mesh well with one another.

the only thing I wouldn't like is if it was an online shooter on the switch. I love the system, but leave the FPS stuff to Sony/Microsoft (And yes, Splatoon was amazing, but it kept messing up for me and I couldn't stay in a match despite both Switch and PS4 being on the same shelf and nearly identical lengths away from the router).

But between Activision and Ubisoft, I will go with Ubisoft every time. I'll take bullshots and lying about the quality of a game's graphical fidelity over predatory loot boxes and pseudo-gambling mechanics any day. Is DRM shit? yes it is, but I don't play on PC so it doesn't really affect me. Does Ubisoft have loot boxes? Somewhere, I'm sure, but not in any of the games of theirs that I play and enjoy. I don't mind open worlds with radio towers!

Point is, I actually really like Ubisoft despite their questionable habits to show off versions of games that the hardware can't handle. I vote for them from the ones listed. Nintendo, ideally.

Wait, what if Naughty Dog was hired to make a game? It'd be as good or better than the-

I'll stop now.

Disney wouldn't make the IP exclusive to any platform, and Nintendo wouldn't make games for systems other than their own. The only way I see a SW game by Nintendo is if Disney drops their exclusivity and just allow everyone to make SW games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Remember that time when they purchased Lucas Films that it came with LucasArts?

I bet they don't.

Hmm, pie.