By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report: Disney unhappy with EA, considering dropping the Star Wars exclusivity deal early, Activision/Ubisoft have been contacted already

flashfire926 said:
The Fury said:

Marvel games? What Marvel games? All we've had are Lego games, MvsC:Finite and Disney were so petty, neither of the last 2 had any mutants in them. Besides mobile games. Marvel games are dead.

... Long live Spider-man I guess.

Square Enix is working on an avengers game btw.

Didn't know, thanks... but Avengers? The best Marvel games ever made were X-men ones. :P

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:

Didn't know, thanks... but Avengers? The best Marvel games ever made were X-men ones. :P

An X-Men Legends 3 would be awesome though. 

Ka-pi96 said:
HoloDust said:

If you're referring to TW3, I don't think open world RPGs are best fit for SW.

Besides, there is a developer who actually made SW RPG - Obsidian, with KOTOR 2, which many (myself included) consider to be as good or in many aspects even better than original - and honestly, I don't believe anyone is more qualified for the job than them.

Having played Star Wars Galaxies I would strongly disagree with that!

Sure - if you want MMO. I would prefer great single player experience with good story and characters - you know, like KOTOR 1/2. ;)

Activision or Ubisoft FTW

They shouldn't have given all the licenses to EA. EA or Activision for FPS multiplayer and Ubisoft for single player.

Around the Network

Please be true. And never give anyone an exclusive license ever again. Let all kinds of different developers and publishers make games. Let's have some actual competition.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Between those i'd prefer Ubisoft, but they are all terrible. Just license them without exclusivity.

I wonder what the deal with EA was, did EA really get into a deal that just allowed Disney to drop them like that?

It takes a very long time for AAA games to come to market. Even if Disney signed a deal with someone new tomorrow, the games won't be here until at least 2022. Seems unlikely that they would make such a move at this point. More realistically, they may not let EA have the deal next time it comes up.

Please not Activision, that's all I ask. AV wouldn't be much better than EA. If AV gets their grubby mitts on the Star Wars license, you better believe they'll milk that shit dry with extensive paid DLC, microtransactions and, yes, loot boxes. Don't believe me, look no further than CoD and Destiny 2. I don't know how anyone in their right mind can feel good about it going to Activision after all the shit they and Bungie have pulled with Destiny 2, which is basically Destiny 1.5.

Good to know they're forcing us to choose between the lesser of three evils (which is clearly Ubisoft in this case). Give it to CDPR or Bethesda.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 17 February 2018