By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report: Disney unhappy with EA, considering dropping the Star Wars exclusivity deal early, Activision/Ubisoft have been contacted already

At this rate, any other big publisher would likely be better than EA now. They're just making a big mess with the IP.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Give it to Valve.
The game may never make it to the consumer's hands.
But if it does it would bring in billions: both in revenue and brand value.

Hopefully, they don't sign another exclusivity contract.I would love some small-scale SW games, another SW RTS maybe?

I'm honestly ok with Ubisoft getting it. If this was a perfect world, Sony would get the license and use their studios to publish multiplatform games. Unfortunately, that's not gonna happen. As for other publishers:

Bethesda: I could see Arkane Studios or MachineGames making a pretty good game
Square Enix: Maybe. Crystal Dynamics, Eidos, and some other studios could work but they're working with Marvel.
Activision: They've been slipping the past few years.
Capcom: Doesn't seem like the right fit for Star Wars
Konami: No
Take Two/Rockstar: Bad fit
Warner Bros: Just as scummy as EA. Disney would also not be willing to work with them.

If Ubisoft took the idea for The Division, tweaked it, and added Star Wars stuff like space battles, I could see them making a really good game. Maybe they could utilize the For Honor combat style for lightsaber battles?

I'm surprised Disney hasn't just become a major publisher themselves. It's just about the only entertainment industry that they don't have a big presence in.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Kerotan said:
Ubisoft please. Wouldn't mind Activision. EA got greedy. BF2 is an epic game however. I'm having a blast.

Yeah, DICE actually did a great job on Battlefront 2, I'm addicted to playing heroes vs, villains. Shame EA ruined it with the lootbox based progression system. 

The system is actually fun. But the way they wanted to launch it was just greedy  

DICE tried. Problem is EA has final say.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

KLXVER said:
lol Activision or Ubisoft. Disney not in touch with the industry I see.

Exactly. Considering Ubisoft is overtly looking to get out of making games and instead providing "live services," they're just a few steps behind the other major western publishers as far as killing the medium with greed.

My prediction - Disney will give it to the least shitty publisher of the bunch (UbiSoft), be disappointed with similar 'one game a year spread out with service fees like a desperate whore' execution, and eventually give it the license to Square EA (which this media katamari will probably attempt to acquire in a few years).

Disney should let Sony handle the games.

Bring it to Switch Disney.