By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report: Disney unhappy with EA, considering dropping the Star Wars exclusivity deal early, Activision/Ubisoft have been contacted already

KLXVER said:
OTBWY said:

https://youtu.be/JDRkIAFxmrQ?t=20m58s

So is it the same people working there or just the one guy?

Some of the same people.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:

Well what do you suggest that Disney should do with the license ? 

Hand it over to someone else rather than Acti or Ubisoft. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

If this is true then kudos to Disney for having some balls.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Does that mean that Disney would have to buy back the deal to stop EA?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

They should have had it where certain Star Wars games are exclusive (i.e. Battlefront w/EA), not the entire license with only one publisher. That's just not really smart. One license holder will only exploit the IP.

Around the Network
Chazore said:

Hand it over to someone else rather than Acti or Ubisoft. 

Who would that be ? Are you suggesting that Disney hand it over to just about any other AAA game publisher ? If so then I think you might need to question your own standards ... 

shikamaru317 said:
Platina said:
Does that mean that Disney would have to buy back the deal to stop EA?

Report says that their was a clause in the contract which allows Disney to renege on the agreement under certain circumstances. Guessing they would renege on the grounds that the lootbox controversy damaged the Star Wars IP. 

I see, might be hard to pull off, but this is Disney so they definitely can pressure EA

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

fatslob-:O said:

Who would that be ? Are you suggesting that Disney hand it over to just about any other AAA game publisher ? If so then I think you might need to question your own standards ... 

I don't need to question my own standards, as I've already seen what those two publishers are more than capable of.

The other reason why I said anyone else, is because I would rather the franchise not be locked to either of the two. I don't need to specifically name one publisher or studio because I don't want it locked to just a single one either. 

I can already sense immense disagreement with my view on where the franchise should go, which is why I won't be naming a list of other studios either.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

i’d be fine with bethesda making some star wars games

Ubisoft please. Wouldn't mind Activision. EA got greedy. BF2 is an epic game however. I'm having a blast.