By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report: Disney unhappy with EA, considering dropping the Star Wars exclusivity deal early, Activision/Ubisoft have been contacted already

Chazore said:

I don't need to question my own standards, as I've already seen what those two publishers are more than capable of.

The other reason why I said anyone else, is because I would rather the franchise not be locked to either of the two. I don't need to specifically name one publisher or studio because I don't want it locked to just a single one either. 

I can already sense immense disagreement with my view on where the franchise should go, which is why I won't be naming a list of other studios either.

So I guess either Activision or Ubisoft should get the IP then since their the only other most reliable publisher out there ? 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:

So I guess either Activision or Ubisoft should get the IP then since their the only other most reliable publisher out there ? 

Like I said, I'd rather someone else than the two listed

If you're going to turn back to the beginning of the conversation, I wouldn't bother, because I'm not falling for that either. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

- revive 1313( have tomb raider devs would be perfect)
- keep respawn on light saber focused games
- have sega do a strategy game
- have Ubisoft do an open world game similar to far cry or creed
- cd project red do kotor 3
- someone do a x-wing game(playground?)

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

They should give the license to Yoko Taro, just for the lolz.

Bristow9091 said:
I'd rather the deal be with Ubisoft than Activision or EA to be honest...

True

But much better: Revive Lucasarts and make them yourselves, Disney

Or to Double Fine, so the creator's of 90's Star Wars Games can have a second go on the License (They are former Lucasarts employees)

Around the Network

Ubisoft should be the fit to make the game. They have the money and recently they've been on a roll concerning the quality of their games.

The good thing about Ubi they separate their single player games (farcry, ac, watchdogs) from their multiplayer games (tom Clancy, for honour, skull and bones).

They could very make a single player AAA open world Star Wars of some kind.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

KLXVER said:
lol Activision or Ubisoft. Disney not in touch with the industry I see.

Exactly. If this is true, they have totally missed the point of even making a move like this. The only positive is that it will damage EA. I'll do a little dance for that. Passing this monster IP to another, more or less equally terrible publisher, will do nothing for what ills the franchise or the industry as a whole. The plans Ubi has going forward, which were unveiled today, seats them firmly at the cartoonish villainy publishers table with EA and Activision. Not surprised though. It's Disney after all.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

TruckOSaurus said:
JRPGfan said:

I approve of this.
Id like to see what Ubisoft would do with it.

Jar Jar + Rabbids will be a knockout hit!

Only if you give the rabbids knives ...

shikamaru317 said:
hudsoniscool said:
- revive 1313( have tomb raider devs would be perfect)
- keep respawn on light saber focused games
- have sega do a strategy game
- have Ubisoft do an open world game similar to far cry or creed
- cd project red do kotor 3
- someone do a x-wing game(playground?)

Pretty good list, agree with most of it. I would add:

-Allow EA to keep making Battlefront games, but keep a closer eye on them to make sure they don't try lootboxes again

-Doubt CD Projekt is an option for KOTOR 3, they're busy with Cyberpunk 2077 and another RPG (possibly Witcher 4) right now which will keep them busy until 2021 at least. Instead they should let Obsidian make KOTOR 3, they actually want to make it and will probably be free to make it inside of 2 years. 

I'm tired of dice to be honest. I'm my opinion everything they have put out since bad company 2 has been good but shallow.  And ya I know project red is busy but could you imagine how good that would be. Obsidian would also be a good choice. After some thought though I'd also like to see Bethesda tackle the franchise.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Well, if either one got it, it would likely still have loot boxes anyway. Ubisoft appears to be slightly better in that regard, so I guess I'll root for them.