By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monolith Soft interested in having its Kyoto studio work on original games

Yeah, that'd be cool. I'd like to see what that team can come up with

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
NoirSon said:

They were on the way and still could be elite, it is just that they haven't done any major games since tropical freeze. Their silence is worrisome for those that believed they would become Nintendo ' s big western studio like Naughty Dog, but the could still be doing great things behind the scenes like the company wide middle ware tools.

I just don't think a studio can really be considered elite when they've put out one game in the last 7 years.

When was the last brand new game Rockstar North put out? Would they really not be considered elite? 

NoirSon said:
curl-6 said:

I just don't think a studio can really be considered elite when they've put out one game in the last 7 years.

When was the last brand new game Rockstar North put out? Would they really not be considered elite? 

I wouldn't call them elite, no.

You wouldn't call the team that made Grand Theft Auto V, the greatest selling video game ever, elite?

Then what would you call them?

PAOerfulone said:

You wouldn't call the team that made Grand Theft Auto V, the greatest selling video game ever, elite?

Then what would you call them?

Overrated. 

Around the Network
NoirSon said:
curl-6 said:

There's also a world of difference between GTA5 and Tropical Freeze.

First off, one is a 2D platformer. One and done. It sold 1.8 million units and has an 84% average review score, and no longer sells anything.

The other is an open world game that is complete with online features, and also doubles as a platform with a content release schedule; the latest about a month and a half ago. It's sold 85 million copies and has a 96% review average, and continues to be one of the highest revenue games on the market.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
NoirSon said:

There's also a world of difference between GTA5 and Tropical Freeze.

Yeah; Tropical Freeze is actually a good game. ;)

Wasn't the Kyoto studio supposed to be working on a 3DS project???
I wonder if it was scrapped...

Have a nice day...