By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monolith Soft interested in having its Kyoto studio work on original games

Sounds nice. I would like to see something that is quite different from xenoblade games.

Around the Network

New baten kaitos when

sounds great to me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Kai_Mao said:
itsyounghavok said:
This studio has earned my trust and utmost respect. I've sank well over 300 hundred into their titles. I hope Nintendo allows them to flourish like Sony does with its studios. I feel like they've been wasting Retro, I pray Monolith doesn't go the same way.

I feel its a bit more on Retro wanting to go more into DK. They apparently wanted to get into the series, leading to DKC Returns.

The issue with Retro seems to be a lot of talent leaving, which changes dynamics inside of studio. They have probably had two or more projects that never materialized enough to be announced. These days Nintendo seems to like most of their titles nearly done before they bring it to the  media and sometimes public. 

Retro Studios fans are annoying. Retro isn’t as good or important as you think they are.

Monolith soft is the real deal - in 2017 a portion of the Tokyo team released Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which they developed in its entirety, the rest of the team (the larger part, about 60% of them) co-developed Breath of the Wild. Before that, in 2015, they released Project X-Zone 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles X. I am unsure what the Kyoto branch has worked on recently, but in the not so distant past they co-developed: Animal Crossing New Leaf, Splatoon, Pikmin 3, and A Link Between Worlds.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Retro were an elite studio once, but that was a long time ago. 

Kinda wish they would remake Disaster Day of Crisis. It had an interesting concept but the execution was bad

curl-6 said:

They were on the way and still could be elite, it is just that they haven't done any major games since tropical freeze. Their silence is worrisome for those that believed they would become Nintendo ' s big western studio like Naughty Dog, but the could still be doing great things behind the scenes like the company wide middle ware tools.

Jumpin said:

Retro Studios fans are annoying. Retro isn’t as good or important as you think they are.

Monolith soft is the real deal - in 2017 a portion of the Tokyo team released Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which they developed in its entirety, the rest of the team (the larger part, about 60% of them) co-developed Breath of the Wild. Before that, in 2015, they released Project X-Zone 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles X. I am unsure what the Kyoto branch has worked on recently, but in the not so distant past they co-developed: Animal Crossing New Leaf, Splatoon, Pikmin 3, and A Link Between Worlds.

I agree But I think this comes from some Nintendo fans desperate for Nintendo to have a Western Studio  similar to naughty dog

NoirSon said:
curl-6 said:

They were on the way and still could be elite, it is just that they haven't done any major games since tropical freeze. Their silence is worrisome for those that believed they would become Nintendo ' s big western studio like Naughty Dog, but the could still be doing great things behind the scenes like the company wide middle ware tools.

I just don't think a studio can really be considered elite when they've put out one game in the last 7 years.