By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Switch Titles Can Become The Best Selling Titles In Their Franchises As Well? (Updated)

Luke888 said:
wombat123 said:

That's kind of setting the bar low since 3D Zelda, Mario and Metroid are essentially Nintendo's holy trinity when it comes to well reviewed games. Metroid Prime 4 getting something like an 80-85 on metacritic when every game in the Prime series has reviewed over 90 would actually be a warning flag that it might be a sub-par game.

I know but it's been so long since the last Metroid Prime that there's the possibility reviewers might not enjoy as much the previous titles, I don't know, maybe they got used to different shooters or maybe they'll introduce some weird mechanic that won't appeal to everyone, I just think it'll be hard to break the 90+ Metascore nowdays despite all of Nintendo and Bandai's efforts, besides Xeno 2 is also the lowest rated Xenoblade (albeit only one point shy of XCX) and yet it already outsold the rest of the series, Metroid could do the same

I get where you're coming from but I just have this kind of trust when it comes to 3D Mario, Zelda and Metroid and their ability to preform well when it comes to critical reviews.  I will admit though that there is a worry in the back of my head that Tanabe is going to be stubborn and stick to the old Prime formula instead of evolving it for modern times.

Around the Network

Pokemon I don't think so but it is possible. The record sales of that one is huge,that is what makes harder. Like it was already said,maybe it have an Monster Hunter World effect that could help.

Animal Crossing yes I do think it'll be. This will be the first true HD AC while keeping the portability aspect.

Metroid is really hard for me to predict. When the first MP launched it was such a big deal back then. The franchise is not the biggest seller so is hard to predict how it will do.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Teeqoz said:
My brain says "No, probably and definitely". In that order.

But my brain usually underestimates Nintendo, so I'll go with possibly, very likely and absolutely.

Aren't definitely and absolutely just synonyms?

I think animal crossing and pokemon have a real shot. Metroid, im unsure about

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

NintendoPie said:
Teeqoz said:
My brain says "No, probably and definitely". In that order.

But my brain usually underestimates Nintendo, so I'll go with possibly, very likely and absolutely.

Aren't definitely and absolutely just synonyms?

Yes, but I don't really think there is a word that goes any further in expressing guaranteedness

Maybe supercalifragilisticexpialidociously?

Around the Network

Of those three I'd say Metroid is the easiest bet.
I say this because for one the bar is set lower, plus the Switch is the best fitting Nintendo hardware for it both in terms of specs and library since the Gamecube (that we know wasn't very popular). So, if Nintendo manages to make a game that's cosistent in terms of quality with older titles I'd say it has an high chance of beating previous records.
Pokemon and Animal Crossing are less predictable imo. They will surely fare very well but so far they were released quite different plaforms compared to the Switch. Most of all, the Switch atm is not as accessible as say GBA or DS for the expanded audience these games are aiming to.

As many have said, Pokemon is a lofty target to topple, so imo i think it will become the 2nd best selling pokemon title ever. Animal Crossing and Metroid, absolutely, as long as they are good i think they will both become the best selling titles in their respective series.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

No to Pokemon. Yes to the other 2.

Pokemon hardly, Animal Crossing probably and Metroid Prime most likely because only needs to sell 3m.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 12 February 2018

People are seriously underestimating Pokémon. I would bet that it will ship 15m+ on its first quarter on the market.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won