Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict lifetime sales of Kirby Star Allies

Lifetime, it will sell...

Under 1 million 4 6.15%

1-2 million 22 33.85%

2-3 million 25 38.46%

3-4 million 9 13.85%

Over 4 million 5 7.69%

Total:65

How much do you think it will sell lifetime, and why?

Around the Network

This is kind of a hard one. I don't know how many people skipped the 3DS games because they were a home console only gamer.

I'm going to guess 2.25 million but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended at 2.75 million. I'm only talking physical.

edit : I guess i'll say 3 - 4 mil because with digital it will probably be above 3 mil

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 08 February 2018

Hmm, tricky.
I don't really know how well Kirby usually sells, and
The Switch is a whole different situation regardless of tradition, further complicating the task.

Kirby Star Allies looks to be the most graphically impressive 2D game Nintendo has ever made.
The Switch is hot right now.

4.3 million LT.

Last edited by caffeinade - on 08 February 2018

This is kinda hard. So far we got sequel to home console games. Kirby is the first handheld game coming out. We do not know if the Switch will boost handheld games like it does to the home console games. Kirby's Return to Dreamland did 1.66 million on the Wii back in 2011. Triple Deluxe did 1.93 million on the 3DS. Hm

I am going with 2.5 million assuming it is a good game.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I think Kirby games usually sell in the 1.5-2.5m range but given that most Switch franchises from Nintendo seem to be comfortably outselling previous entries i was bullish and plumped for 3-4m. I think it will get there but barely. I mean it is possibly Nintendo's 1st big game this year, arguably.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

I'm expecting around 3m lifetime. ( I voted 3-4 million in the poll since there were 2 options including 3m and i think it can sell over 3m. )

caffeinade said:

Hmm, tricky.
I don't really know how well Kirby usually sells, and
The Switch is a whole different situation regardless of tradition, further complicating the task.

Kirby Star Allies looks to be the most impressive 2D game Nintendo has ever made.
The Switch is hot right now.

4.3 million LT.

Kirby's Dreamland (GB)-5.13m

Kirby's Adventure (NES)-1.75m

Kirby's Dreamland 2 (GB)-2.36m

Kirby Pinball Land (GB)-2.19m

Kirby Tilt n Tumble (GB)-1.23m

Kirby Super Star (SNES)-1.44m

Kirby: Crystal Shards (N64)-1.77m

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA)-2.10m

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (GBA)-1.47m

Kirby Air Ride (GC)-1.35m

Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS)-2.99m

Kirby Squeak Squad (DS)-2.27m

Kirby Mass Attack-1.22m

Kirby Epic Yarn (Wii)-1.85m

Kirby Return to Dreamland (Wii)-1.79m

Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS)-1.78m

Kirby Planet Robobot (3DS)-1.36m

A couple others failed to hit 1 million like Canvas Curse & Rainbow Curse but it seems like outside of the original that did over 5m, the average is about 2 million give or take.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Based on the history and Switch success I think 3.5m is reasonable

First real new titles in a while, first 2D platform from Nintendo. Also, I really like Kirby games but I skipped the 3DS games cause I didn't like the console that much to put money into a 2D platform but I will totally buy Star Allies since I prefer Home console Kirby games and this one is in HD.

Also, not only is it releasing without any big competition, you also have to look how well games are selling on Switch. If the game is well receive, nowadays word of mouth is so much more powerful with internet that I think the game could end up being pretty big. Also that the game is much more appealing than 3DS games.

Imo, it will pass 3DS and Wii Kirby games which Epic Yarn is the top seller with 2,09 according to VgChartz. I think it will go and sell around 3 million units LFT so making it Kirby's second best selling game of all time.

2nd best selling, specifically between 3 and 4 million.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988