By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Who would have though Jumanji could hit 1 Billion World-Wide?

why are people surprised?

Jumanji (well here in Australia) has always been popular as has the Rock and Jack Black movies in the past.

Around the Network

Well not me. I thought it was going to flop-do moderately well like some of these other film reboots and remakes.

Jamanji dropped only 10% this weekend making it have the seventh largest 8th weekend of all time

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/moreweekends.htm?page=8&p=.htm

I'm guessing it held so well because it was a good alternative to 50 Shades, next weekend will be a good test against Black Panther. More theaters are being taken away from Jamanji as well.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Only one logical explanation:

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

I cant fathom for the life of me who would want to see this movie. Its not my cup of tea,but i cant grasp the appeal of it. Then again most ''comedy adventure'' movies for hollywood don't appeal to me, so maybe that's it. I don't have any friends who have seen so i cant converse with them to talk about why they like it

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

My friend and I still need to watch this and plan on watching it in theaters soon

PwerlvlAmy said:
I cant fathom for the life of me who would want to see this movie. Its not my cup of tea,but i cant grasp the appeal of it. Then again most ''comedy adventure'' movies for hollywood don't appeal to me, so maybe that's it. I don't have any friends who have seen so i cant converse with them to talk about why they like it

1. You are damn cute.

2. Jack Black is hilarious no matter what he's doing. His high school cheerleader he played was good.

3. Kevin Hearts pretty funny when he's opposite someone bigger than him.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

1. You are damn cute.

2. Jack Black is hilarious no matter what he's doing. His high school cheerleader he played was good.

And 4. It's The Rock. One of the biggest, if not THE biggest, star in all of Hollywood

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

Honestly I was expecting less than half of what it's currently at, it's amazing how well it's doing... would be crazy as fuck if it actually managed to break $1b, although I reckon it'll fall just shy of that.

roadkillers said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

1. You are damn cute.

thanks

PAOerfulone said:
roadkillers said:

1. You are damn cute.

And 4. It's The Rock. One of the biggest, if not THE biggest, star in all of Hollywood

Yeah one of the reasons I'd see it would be Rock. Hes come a long way from his time as the Scorpion King with acting. How is the humor, is it your typical over exaggerated kevin hart and jackblack humor?(which im not a fan of) or how is it delivered exactly.

Im not 100% against the film,but I've gotten so tired of hollywood comedies that It makes me hesitant to view one due to being burned by so many of them :( 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick