By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Who would have though Jumanji could hit 1 Billion World-Wide?

roadkillers said:
Jamanji dropped only 10% this weekend making it have the seventh largest 8th weekend of all time

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/moreweekends.htm?page=8&p=.htm

I'm guessing it held so well because it was a good alternative to 50 Shades, next weekend will be a good test against Black Panther. More theaters are being taken away from Jumanji as well.

Most recent estimates put it at ~882 million worldwide. Only 118 million to go. 1 billion hinges on Japan, but it'll get awfully close.

Around the Network

Jamanji made nearly 8 million in its 9th week (9th highest ninth week). It sits at 380 Million in the US (2nd biggest for Sony behind Spiderman which made 403 million). It sits at $909 Million worldwide without a Japan release. This movie is making 400+ domestic and topping $1 billion. Look for Jamanji 3 in 2019.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

During the holiday season, my husband and I took our three nieces to the cinema and let them pick the movie. I was a bit disappointed when they said they wanted to see Jumanji over Coco because I was sure it was going to suck but in the end I actually enjoyed it. It's not the movie of the year but it does it the mark for what it's trying to do so I can understand why it had a great run at the box office since word of mouth probably brought people in that previously wrote it off. (Also Nick Jonas is hot)

Signature goes here!

It's just fun and very re watchable as I've seen it twice which is rare for me. Right mix of fun and action.

Also a great cast. Rock was funniest I've seen him and Karen was hot even when she was meant to be awkward.

[IMG]

^ "Karen was hot", please expand on this. For research purposes

Around the Network

The movie was really good.Certainly deserves it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I hope they will turn it into a cinematic universe with bi-annual sequels and spinoffs and spiderman cameos.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Should be hitting 400 Million this year and will become Sony's biggest next week, eclipsing Spider-Man. Of course, Spider-man had more viewers because of inflation.

It has become Sony's second largest movie worldwide, with no possibility of passing Skyfall. If Jamanji can break 1 Billion has yet to be seen