By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take-Two on the possibility of more Switch games, impressed with systems growth

Just bring Gta V for see the true potencial of software sales on the switch.

Take-Two Interactive has been present on Switch with a few different games. Its subsidiary Rockstar brought L.A. Noire to the console a few months ago, while the 2K label put out NBA 2K18 and WWE 2K18.

During its latest financial call, Take-Two was asked about the prospects of additional support for Switch in the future, including the possibility of bringing over something like Grand Theft Auto V. President Karl Slatoff said in response that the company is “impressed with the growth” of Switch and have a positive outlook. However, Take-Two isn’t making any specific announcements about future games just yet.

Slatoff stated:

“In terms of bringing other titles to Switch, obviously we’ve done a few titles already. We’ve done NBA, WWE, L.A. Noire. We look at this like any other platform opportunity to the extent that we look at our development costs, is the game right for the platform, what does the audience look like, what’s the install base? So when we do believe that there’s an opportunity to do something on Switch, then you’ll hear from the labels. We are impressed with the growth, we’re impressed with the units that have been sold into the market so far, so we’re very sanguine at this point, but we’ve nothing more to announce specifically at this point.”

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

*potential

Kinda sad third parties have to be this scared in the first place

It sounds they didn't really say anything in their statement, just that the system is doing well. Either way, I'm not realty crazy about Take Two's games anyways.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

In summary

• Slatoff: We're really impressed with Switch.
  • Journalist: Does that mean that you'll launch more games on the platform?
  • Slatoff: *whistles*

We heard those kinds of comments with Wii and even WiiU (at first), and it meant nothing. Actions speak louder than words, Mr. Slatoff.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Yeah, even if they are making something for the Switch, it's probably just now starting development. So nothing from them until next year, I bet.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Yeah, even if they are making something for the Switch, it's probably just now starting development. So nothing from them until next year, I bet.

Or maybe they already have some game/s in development and dont want to talk about them yet. We have some solid believable rumors that GTA is coming on Switch, most likely this year, who knows maybe we will have GTA V announcement at next Direct or at E3. :)

JEMC said:

In summary

We heard those kinds of comments with Wii and even WiiU (at first), and it meant nothing. Actions speak louder than words, Mr. Slatoff.

Actions like L.A. Noire, NBA 2K18 and WWE 2K18? I am convinced that they will put at least one GTA on switch, why wouldn´t they?

PSintend0 said:
JEMC said:

In summary

Actions like L.A. Noire, NBA 2K18 and WWE 2K18? I am convinced that they will put at least one GTA on switch, why wouldn´t they?

Well why didn't they put any GTA game on the Wii?

Maybe they hated wii or maybe it was because it was so underpowered. Or maybe they were hurt about chinatown wars selling so little.

And you are pretty much right, they don´t need a good reason for not releasing any GTA on switch :(

Midnight Club series for switch..... cmon cmon cmon...