By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take-Two on the possibility of more Switch games, impressed with systems growth

Guess the games didn't do so well, but will wait and see

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
JEMC said:

GTA V was ported to PS4/X1 because the game was launched at the end of life of the previous consoles and, with no backwards compatibility, they knew that most PS360 would double dip on it. Plus the extra power of the new consoles would allow them to make the game they trully want.

With Switch, they would have to develop a "worse" game.

Yes, it would be portable, but not better. Also, while they would (most likely) win money with the port, they'll win more money launching RDR 2, so all their efforts will most likely be focused on that. Finally, while some publishers are fine hiring other studios to port their games, others prefer to keep it all in-house, so just because others do it, it doesn't mean that Take Two/Rockstar would want to do it.

But that doesn't change nothing, why we have so many ports/remasters this gen!? Simply beacuse they are easy money, they are selling and investment is a low.

But evry multiplatform party Switch game is worse compared to PS4/XB1 versions of games (Minecraft, Doom, Skyrim, NBA, Fifa, La Noire, NBA 2K, Rocket League, Darks Souls, RE...are all "worse" games compared to PS4/XB1 version of games), that dont changes nothing.

Rockstar have more teams not just one and they are working always at several projects at once, and like I wrote porting game and deveolping brand new game are totally different things. So they could easily work on GTAV port and RDR2 in same time, same like they were working on LA Noire port and RDR2 in same time, and offcourse that in any case they curently dont work only on RDR2.

Are you trying to say that just because there are a lot of ports this gen (btw, last gen also had a lot of PS2 HD ports too), there has to be a GTA V port for Switch? I hope you're not, because that's a flawed logic.

And again, just because other studios are ok with launching worse versions of their games on Switch, that doesn't mean that Rockstar is one of them. By the way, Minecraft isn't worse since the update and Dark Souls is a PS3 remake, so it can't be worse than that. It will probably be worse than the other versions, but since they are also developing that game now, so it makes sense to spend a little more to make another version. With GTA V it would be different and you know it.

Rockstar has a lot of teams, but not all them make games and, with the delays of RDR 2, it makes more sense for Rockstar to use the ones that do to help them finish that game. If there's ever a GTA V port for Switch (which I hope for Nintendo only gamers), I doubt it will be anytime soon, if at all.

Jumpin said:
JEMC said:
*snip*

We heard those kinds of comments with Wii and even WiiU (at first), and it meant nothing. Actions speak louder than words, Mr. Slatoff.

Take 2 released 41 games on Wii.

Of which a lot were minigames like Carnival Games.

In any case, my comment was generic to all western publishers, not focused only on Take Two.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Miyamotoo said:

But that doesn't change nothing, why we have so many ports/remasters this gen!? Simply beacuse they are easy money, they are selling and investment is a low.

But evry multiplatform party Switch game is worse compared to PS4/XB1 versions of games (Minecraft, Doom, Skyrim, NBA, Fifa, La Noire, NBA 2K, Rocket League, Darks Souls, RE...are all "worse" games compared to PS4/XB1 version of games), that dont changes nothing.

Rockstar have more teams not just one and they are working always at several projects at once, and like I wrote porting game and deveolping brand new game are totally different things. So they could easily work on GTAV port and RDR2 in same time, same like they were working on LA Noire port and RDR2 in same time, and offcourse that in any case they curently dont work only on RDR2.

Are you trying to say that just because there are a lot of ports this gen (btw, last gen also had a lot of PS2 HD ports too), there has to be a GTA V port for Switch? I hope you're not, because that's a flawed logic. 

And again, just because other studios are ok with launching worse versions of their games on Switch, that doesn't mean that Rockstar is one of them. By the way, Minecraft isn't worse since the update and Dark Souls is a PS3 remake, so it can't be worse than that. It will probably be worse than the other versions, but since they are also developing that game now, so it makes sense to spend a little more to make another version. With GTA V it would be different and you know it.

Rockstar has a lot of teams, but not all them make games and, with the delays of RDR 2, it makes more sense for Rockstar to use the ones that do to help them finish that game. If there's ever a GTA V port for Switch (which I hope for Nintendo only gamers), I doubt it will be anytime soon, if at all.

Comparing number of ports/remaster that we had last gen with this gen isn't serious comparison. No I dont say just beacuse there lots ports we will have GTA5 port for Switch, just that your initial point that GTAV is 5 year old game dont make any sense beacuse La Noire is even more older game and this gen we have tons last gen ports/remasters in any case.

But fact is they are, they launched NBA 2K, La Noire and WWE 2K, those are all Take-Two/Rockstar games, and all those games are worse compared to PS4/XB1 versions of games. Minecraft is worse, it has smaller world compared to PS4/XB1 versions of games, fact that Dark Souls 1 is PS3 remaster dont change nothing game will be more worse compared to PS4/XB1 versions of games (30 FPS). It doesnt reely matter, point is that Rockstar knows that GTAV in full handheld mode would be huge deal in any case and that they would easily have good profit on that game on Nintendo platform also.

Of Course that not every single person in Rockstar make games but they have more teams that make multiply games in same time not just one, same like evre other bigger publisher, and fact is that evre bigger publisher has multiple projects in development in same time. If you really think that hole Take-Two/Rockstar is currently working only on RDR2 you are in delusion. You ignoring fact that they worked on LA Noire Remaster and RDR2 in same time.

Full handeld GTAV would be huge even for people that are not only Nintendo gamers beacuse plenty of people would buy Switch in order to play GTAV in full handheld mode. There are good chances that GTA V coming on Switch and we will probably have reveal buy E3 and maybe even in some future Directs before E3, but at end we can only wait and see.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 09 February 2018

It'd be cool if there was a Chinatown Wars-type game or something along those lines.

JEMC said:

We heard those kinds of comments with Wii and even WiiU (at first), and it meant nothing. Actions speak louder than words, Mr. Slatoff.

Jumpin said:

In any case, my comment was generic to all western publishers, not focused only on Take Two.

Your clarification actually worsens your case significantly:

EA released 75
Activision released 79
Ubisoft also released 79

That brings the total to 274 games on Wii released by the top 4 Western publishers. A lot more than nothing; precisely 274 games more.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 09 February 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Platina said:
Guess the games didn't do so well, but will wait and see

NBA was on top of eshop top 10 for a long time, and Take Two said they were pleased with the Switch sales

Miyamotoo said:
JEMC said:

Comparing number of ports/remaster that we had last gen with this gen isn't serious comparison. No I dont say just beacuse there lots ports we will have GTA5 port for Switch, just that your initial point that GTAV is 5 year old game dont make any sense beacuse La Noire is even more older game and this gen we have tons last gen ports/remasters in any case.

But fact is they are, they launched NBA 2K, La Noire and WWE 2K, those are all Take-Two/Rockstar games, and all those games are worse compared to PS4/XB1 versions of games. Minecraft is worse, it has smaller world compared to PS4/XB1 versions of games, fact that Dark Souls 1 is PS3 remaster dont change nothing game will be more worse compared to PS4/XB1 versions of games (30 FPS). It doesnt reely matter, point is that Rockstar knows that GTAV in full handheld mode would be huge deal in any case and that they would easily have good profit on that game on Nintendo platform also.

Of Course that not every single person in Rockstar make games but they have more teams that make multiply games in same time not just one, same like evre other bigger publisher, and fact is that evre bigger publisher has multiple projects in development in same time. If you really think that hole Take-Two/Rockstar is currently working only on RDR2 you are in delusion. You ignoring fact that they worked on LA Noire Remaster and RDR2 in same time.

Full handeld GTAV would be huge even for people that are not only Nintendo gamers beacuse plenty of people would buy Switch in order to play GTAV in full handheld mode. There are good chances that GTA V coming on Switch and we will probably have reveal buy E3 and maybe even in some future Directs before E3, but at end we can only wait and see.

Sorry for the late reply.

All those Take-Two games you mention were already being developed for PS4, X1 & PC, so it made sense for them to slightly increase the cost of the development by add another platform. That's not what would happen with a GTA V port, were they would have to either hire an external studio, making it a more expensive project, or use one of their own, which could hurt or delay the development of other projects. And comparing the LA Noire project to a GTA V port isn't remotely close to the same thing. One is a new project for a sikngle platform and the other is a multiplatform remake of an older IP.

And of course GTA V on Switch would sell, I doubt anyone would think otherwise, but they'll earn more from RDR 2 than from that port, and that's where they effort is now. That, the released LA Noire port and GTA Online.

But, in the end, yes, we'll have to wait and see. Maybe by the time RDR 2 launches, GTA V fades away because of it and Rokstar instead announces the port of that new game to Switch and, hopefully, PC.

Jumpin said:

JEMC said:

EA released 75
Activision released 79
Ubisoft also released 79

That brings the total to 274 games on Wii released by the top 4 Western publishers. A lot more than nothing; precisely 274 games more.

Oh, c'mon! I was talking about AA and AAA games. And you know it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Just can't see any case for not releasing GTA V on Switch. The game is hugely popular and would likely sell an easy million plus. They farm it out to another developer to do the conversion and just wait for the bundles of cash to come their way. The way the Switch is selling I'm sure it would be commercially viable to release most of the hugely popular games on it if technically possible. Besides LA Noire is in no way comparable to the success of GTA V and it has that already. Even if LA Noire sales were disappointing that still doesn't mean there isn't good money to be made with GTA V. LA Noire is a poor conversion anyway with slowdown, poor frame rate and some other issues which even if these were forced on them by the Switch specification they should have tailored the code more to run better with that weaker hardware in some areas of its spec. They need to focus on making GTA V run better on Switch even if that means reducing the complexity of the engine if necessary to deliver the maximum gameplay experience.

JEMC said:

Jumpin said: 

EA released 75
Activision released 79
Ubisoft also released 79

JEMC said:

Oh, c'mon! I was talking about AA and AAA games. And you know it.

AA and AAA games? *sigh*

Here I go:

* Call of Duty 3
* Call of Duty World at War
* Rock Band 1, 2, 3
* The Beatles: Rock Band
* Green Day: Rock Band
* The Sims 3
* The Godfather
* Fifa 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
* Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13
* 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
* Madden NFL 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13
* NBA Live 08, 09
* NCAA Football 2009
* Harry Potter and the Order of the Pohoenix
* Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
* Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1
* Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
* Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
* Medal of Honor: Vanguard
* Need for Speed Carbon
* Need for Speed Nitro
* Need for Speed ProStreet
* Need for Speed Undercover
* The Simpsons Game
* The Sims 3
* Spore Hero
* SSX Blur
* Dead Space Extraction
* Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
* MLB Power Pros, 07, 08, 
* NHL 2K9, 2K10, 2K11
* NBA 2K10, 2K11, 2K12, 2K13
* Manhunt 2
* Sid Meier's Pirates
* Major League Baseball 2K8, 2K9, 2K10, 2K11, 2K12
* Bully Scholarship Edition
* Top Spin 3, 4
* MLB Superstars
* Don King Boxing
* The Bigs 1, 2
* Adventures of TinTin
* Blazing Angels
* Driver: Parallel Lines
* Driver: San Francisco
* Far Cry Vengeance
* GT Pro Series
* Open Season
* Prince of Persia: Rival Swords
* Prince of Persia 2010
* Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
* Rayman Legends
* Rayman Origins
* Red Steel
* Red Steel 2
* Shaun White Snowboarding
* Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage
* Shaun White Skateboarding
* Surf's Up
* The Smurfs
* The Smurfs 2
* Splinter Cell: Double Agent
* TMNT
* TMNT: Smash it Up
* The Amazing Spider Man
* Band Hero
* Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 and 3
* Call of Duty: Black Ops
* DJ Hero
* Goldeneye 007
* Scarface
* Guitar Hero III
* Guitar Hero 5
* Guitar Hero World Tour
* Guitar Hero Aerosmith
* Guitar Hero Metallica
* Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
* How to Train Your Dragon
* Ice Age
* Kung Fu Panda
* Madagascar 2
* Madagascar Kartz
* Marvel Ultimate Alliance
* MIB Alien Crisis
* Monster Jam
* Monster Jam: Path of Destruction
* Monster Jam: Urban Assault
* NASCAR: the Game
* NASCAR: Unleashed
* NASCAR Inside Line
* Pimp My Bride
* Quantum of Solace
* Shrek Forever
* Shrek the Third
* Skylanders Giants
* Skylanders: Imaginators
* Skylander SuperChargers
* Skylanders Swap Force
* Skylanders Trap Team
* Spiderman 3
* Spiderman Edge of Time
* Spiderman Friend or Foe
* Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
* Spongebob Squarepants
* Tony Hawk Ride
* Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
* Tony Hawk Proving Ground
* Transformers: Dark of the Moon
* Transformers Prime
* Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
* Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark
* Transformers the game
* Wipeout 3
* Wipeout Crash
* Lego Star Wars
* Lego Batman
* a lot of fucking lego games

I'm going to stop here. It's taking too long to copy all these AA and AAA games. There's at least 150 games there.

Still a far cry from nothing.
Did I mention Far Cry?

Last edited by Jumpin - on 09 February 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

JEMC said:
Miyamotoo said:

Sorry for the late reply.

All those Take-Two games you mention were already being developed for PS4, X1 & PC, so it made sense for them to slightly increase the cost of the development by add another platform. That's not what would happen with a GTA V port, were they would have to either hire an external studio, making it a more expensive project, or use one of their own, which could hurt or delay the development of other projects. And comparing the LA Noire project to a GTA V port isn't remotely close to the same thing. One is a new project for a sikngle platform and the other is a multiplatform remake of an older IP.

And of course GTA V on Switch would sell, I doubt anyone would think otherwise, but they'll earn more from RDR 2 than from that port, and that's where they effort is now. That, the released LA Noire port and GTA Online.

But, in the end, yes, we'll have to wait and see. Maybe by the time RDR 2 launches, GTA V fades away because of it and Rokstar instead announces the port of that new game to Switch and, hopefully, PC.

NP.

Point was that those games were worse, beacuse you maid point that Rockstar want made worse version of game. But your point again failed, LA Noire Remaster also could "hurt or delay the development of other projects" but they still made it, any game can effect any other game that's in same time in development but that doesn't mean they will not made them beacuse of that. GTAV on Switch would probably make them more profit than combined sales for LA Noire Remaster.

I dont see why you talk like Rockstar needs to choose between RDR2 and GTAV port!? They can easily have both and to work not only on that two projects in same time but probably in some other projects also, Take-Two/Rockstar is more than big enough and has more than enough resources and manpower that they can easily handle multiply games in same time, and they actualy always do that, offcourse that not hole Take-Two/Rockstar is curently working only on RDR2.

GTAV on Switch could easily be released before RDR2 launch, and GTAV will keep selling great regardles RDR2 beacuse they are difrent type of games.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 09 February 2018