By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you think there are still people that play games „just“ on a screen and not in vr ?

Kaneman! said:
habam said:

Sorry but that question is a little bit to personal 

I'm pretty sure he asked about your gaming habits, not your sexual prowess.

Are you sure? I TOTALLY didn’t saw that

Around the Network

Oh look. Another one of these.

Hiku said:
habam said:

1. i don’t make the same threads over an over again, it’s often about vr but always with different questions

2. i just make many thread about vr. What’s the problem ? Other people make many threads about Nintendo, Sony and whatever else 

1. Your "Do you think the PS5 will be a VR only console?" topic prompts the same kind of replies as this one. Because the standard peripheral/way to play for a console usually comes down to what most consumers are comfortable with or prefer. And so in there people explain to you what they prefer and why.
But now you're asking them to repeat themselves.

2. Different VR topics isn't an issue. But continually questioning why people have preferences that don't involve VR is backhandedly discrediting the replies you previously got on the subject as if it still doesn't make sense to you, or that they're lying with your "Why do so many people claim they have tried VR if they actually havnt?" topic.

Example:

Topic 1. Will the Gambit system be standard for all future Final Fantasy games?
Topic 2. Why do so many people claim they used the Gambit system when they actually haven't?
Topic 3. How I saved a stranger from Gambit hate.
Topic 4. Why do FF fans still play the "normal" way without a Gambit system?

No one else behaves like that.

Can’t compare some random System some people might like and others won’t to the future of gaming and home entertainment 

Stop avoiding my point and admit im right

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

VR is still a luxurious niche product. It has great opportunities and I am still waiting for the HTC Vive Pro until I will join the party and get spitted on by Ugandan Knuckles's

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Stop avoiding my point and admit im right

You are totally right sir! 

habam said:
Darashiva said:
Because VR, as it is now, is a far inferior way to play most games out there. Simple as that.

what vr devices and what games have you tried that were inferior in your opinion ? Why do you think they were inferior ? What made them better in a screen ? What did you thought was better in vr ?

Simply put, playing on VR is vastly more uncomfortable to play games with. I play games to relax and have a good time, and strapping a pointless contraption around my head isn't my idea of a good time, no matter how supposedly advanced the technology is supposed to be. Sitting on a couch with a controller on my hand and playing on a TV is always going to be the better experience compared to anything today's VR can come up with.

Because VR today is squarely within the uncanny valley of immersion.

Darashiva said:
habam said:

what vr devices and what games have you tried that were inferior in your opinion ? Why do you think they were inferior ? What made them better in a screen ? What did you thought was better in vr ?

Simply put, playing on VR is vastly more uncomfortable to play games with. I play games to relax and have a good time, and strapping a pointless contraption around my head isn't my idea of a good time, no matter how supposedly advanced the technology is supposed to be. Sitting on a couch with a controller on my hand and playing on a TV is always going to be the better experience compared to anything today's VR can come up with.

So you havnt tried it, noted for the poll

How many fucking VR threads? Seriously what the fuck!? Do you really not see how childish you are about making all these threads? You are not getting paid by VR makers with these threads and you are not selling it to anyone. Just stop.