By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Fans: would you feel betrayed if crash would come to switch?

Xen said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Not in the slightest.

Naturally. You are not a Sony fan.

Hm, I'm a fan of PlayStation, which is what I assume the OP means by Sony because I could give no shits about Sony themselves. 

Around the Network

no, not really. Crash is owned by activision now. just the way it is. I don't really trust them with the IP though. If i had to choose the company who owned it I would pick Sony over activision.

Last edited by Eric2048 - on 06 February 2018

Crash is not owned by Sony anymore, its owned by Activision, so NO. Activision has to do whats best for them sales wise.
Besides, we already HAVE it on Playstation, so thats that.

Crash is irrelevant since Vicarious Visions and Bobby Kotex are involved, they have not only destroyed the franchise both critically and sales wise.

The ND crash games were selling between 6-8 million and with high 88-91 metacrtic vs the lows 60s to high 70s with a ton of crash games, Wrath of the cortex was the only decent selling though it was the first crack for VV and many gave them the benefit of doubt and after that's sales less then a million and onward dipping into the 400Ks the quality of content was apparent games were getting rated in the low 60s and high 70s not exactly reaching the heights ND achieved.

the only reason N'Sane Trilogy sold well and got rated well was due to it being Naughty Dogs assets and work slapped with a fresh coat of paint, the Naughty Dog blueprint was there and so was the pipeline even Silicone Knights made a decent Metal Gear but then came too human.
Prior to the N'Sane Trilogy for over 15+ years VV has made some very mediocre games, fans started believing Crash is dead until the hype train started when he was missing from PS All Stars and the constant begging for ND to return to the franchise since then.

The only way this would be a betrayal if Mark Cerny Produced/Directed and Naughty Dog developed it and put it on other platforms but yeah that wont be happening any time soon everyone is stuck with Activision and Vicarious Visions.

Ehh.. Nah. Crash & Spyro were Universal Interactive's IP a whole time by dealing with Sony for timed exclusive before being bought by Vivendi.

Universal Interactive released Crash for the GBA for the first time ever done with Sony, i think.

Well, for now, we have Jak & Ratchet the Sony's IP.

Around the Network

Nope, why would I xD Crash hasn't been PS exclusive since I was a kid.

No I dont, in fact in makes sense for me to release it on switch instead of xb1. I don't see crash selling that well over there. Besides, Sony already took most of the benefit from the game.

NobleTeam360 said:
Xen said:

Naturally. You are not a Sony fan.

Hm, I'm a fan of PlayStation, which is what I assume the OP means by Sony because I could give no shits about Sony themselves. 

Shut up you know you hate Sony and so do I! Ignore our PSN Trophy sigs. We hate Sony! We play the games and earn trophies to tell people how much they suck!

Where is that Persona guy who believes that Persona should stay on Playstation because """"brand recognition"""" when you need him? : P Come on buddy, we know you're out there!

Crash isn't a Sony property. So why should it be an issue?