By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SOTC vs BOTW - Which is graphically more impressive?

Which is graphically more impressive?

Zelda 49 41.88%

Shadow 68 58.12%

Total:117

Well graphically sotc is better but it looks like a 50 shades of grey game to me, meaning you have to be a masochist to endure such a lack of colors. It was good for ps2 but not impressive for ps4.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
BOTW. I'm not a fan of the BOTW artstyle, but I still think it looks vastly superior to SOTC.

BOTW's look and feel is exactly why I will never be able to get into it. If it looked like OoT in today's graphics then yeah, that'd be awesome. BOTW is not even in the same league as SotC to me.

GorillaQc said:
Which game is graphically superior ? SotC, that's obvious.
But which game is graphically superior considering the hardware it's on ? Arguable.
Which game has the best artstyle ? Opinion.
Which game will hold up the best in 10 years ? Obviously Zelda.

Which game will hold up? Well, that's arguable too.

Chazore said:
think-man said:

How so? 

Why does my opinion matter to ask such a question?.

Because I'm curious how you came to it? 

GorillaQc said:
Which game is graphically superior ? SotC, that's obvious.
But which game is graphically superior considering the hardware it's on ? Arguable.
Which game has the best artstyle ? Opinion.
Which game will hold up the best in 10 years ? Obviously Zelda.

Well SotC has been holding up for over 12 years already. SotC is unique in its game play. The next Zelda will likely improve on the formula, while Botw already is an evolution in the open world genre. A lot can happen to surpass Botw in 12 years.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
LipeJJ said:
Considering SotC is pretty empty compared to Zelda, and the fact that Zelda’s world is much bigger, has better physics and is much more dynamic and interactive, I’d say Zelda any day.

But if we’re talking about visual quality only without context, I’d say SotC. But that’s not really fair. It’s like comparing GTA to Battlefield. lol

errr, no its not zelda, ask yourself this. would wiiu ever be able to handle SOTC remake, at 1080p/60fps, wiiu wont even be able to handle it at 720/30fps, SOTC remake is a much more graphically demanding game.

The Switch wouldn't be able to handle shadow of the colossus remade at 720p/30fps, wit then same graphical wissles as the PS4.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

mZuzek said:
quickrick said:

As sad as this thread is, it actually sadder that some people think zelda is more technically impressive, i mean wow.

In some aspects, it really is.

That said I'm not heading into an argument with you, I'm well aware of how bad of an idea that'd be.

please do, just had a girl flake on me, and i'm bored.

SoTC. Duh...

quickrick said:
mZuzek said:

In some aspects, it really is.

That said I'm not heading into an argument with you, I'm well aware of how bad of an idea that'd be.

Anyway, how's your sex life?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
quickrick said:

Anyway, how's your sex life?

it's been great since i'm living in south america now.