By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SOTC vs BOTW - Which is graphically more impressive?

Which is graphically more impressive?

Zelda 49 41.88%

Shadow 68 58.12%

Total:117
mZuzek said:
GorillaQc said:

Well Wind Waker still looks good after like 15 years. SOTC is also graphically less impressive than the original was. And the only reason the original's graphics were this good is because of the fact it's empty AND it has a horrible framerate.

Doesn't change the fact that the graphics were amazing. PS2 SotC still looks decent after nearly 13 years, I'm pretty sure this highly enhanced version won't have any problems holding up.

Wind Waker was far more stylized than Breath of the Wild. It went full-on cartoon and that means it didn't have to bother with decent models or textures because they could just simplify everything. BotW doesn't have this, it has semi-realistic models and semi-realistic textures and semi-realistic world design and semi-realistic everything, just because it also uses cel-shading doesn't mean it's the same as Wind Waker. It also has a rather low resolution and bad framerate on Wii U, and though the Switch version is a bit better in this regard, 900p is still going to look dated in the future.

BotW might hold up very well if it gets a remaster like Wind Waker did. Knowing Nintendo, that's very likely gonna happen, really. But as well as SotC? Nah.

It's true that BOTW isn't as stylized as Wind Water. But i'm confident that BOTW will still look great in portable mode 10 years from now. Docked is different. Switch is a portable console so i was thinking about portable instead of docked. 

Which game will Feel more dated has a different answer though, from what i saw, the gameplay from SotC remake feels dated. But that's not graphics so.

Around the Network
kumangon123 said:

Are you kidding? Obviously SotC wins it has everything better. Just take a look at the  Zelda colossus.....is just gross

It should also be noted that the colloses in your pic is a lot smaller then sotc. 

What i was meaning is looks rude, rough, sketchy.

Kerotan said: 

GOWTLOZ said: 

Shadow of the Colossus and its not even close. The foliage, lighting, resolution and framerate are all superior and on top of it SOTC has incredible HDR that really pops out.

People saying Zelda is more graphically more impressive because of artstyle are deliberately spinning it into a Nintendo wins thing, when graphics are objectively better in SOTC. You can prefer either artstyle but that's not graphics, those are called visuals and graphics is a more technical term.

Yesh I clearly said graphics not art style 

If youre going this way then graphics have art style or am i wrong? Actually, why is this actually a discussion if all we are talking about is GRAPHICS in the sense of representation of reality, there are no discussion SotC is the winner. Period theres nothing to discuss.

solo se hablar español

Mar1217 said:
*sigh*

I don't wanna compare oranges to bananas.

And what the hell is wrong with bananas?

kumangon123 said:

It should also be noted that the colloses in your pic is a lot smaller then sotc. 

Kerotan said: 

Yesh I clearly said graphics not art style 

If youre going this way then graphics have art style or am i wrong? Actually, why is this actually a discussion if all we are talking about is GRAPHICS in the sense of representation of reality, there are no discussion SotC is the winner. Period theres nothing to discuss.

Graphics isn't just a representation of reality. Call of Duty graphics are more realistic than Doom but Doom is much more graphically impressive. Doom graphics are semi-realistic yet it's one of the most graphically impressive games this gen.

bananaking21 said:
Mar1217 said:
*sigh*

I don't wanna compare oranges to bananas.

And what the hell is wrong with bananas?

They have gamma radiation. You might turn into  a giant angry green man. Only half of my post is true.

Around the Network
GorillaQc said:
mZuzek said:

ehh... no.

Well Wind Waker still looks good after like 15 years. SOTC is also graphically less impressive than the original was. And the only reason the original's graphics were this good is because of the fact it's empty AND it has a horrible framerate.

Wind Waker looked terrible on release and looks even worse now. What on earth are you talking about?

GorillaQc said:
kumangon123 said:

Graphics isn't just a representation of reality. Call of Duty graphics are more realistic than Doom but Doom is much more graphically impressive. Doom graphics are semi-realistic yet it's one of the most graphically impressive games this gen.

Youre on the point man my mistake. Anyway even if we are talking about details or amount of thing on screen then SotC is the winner, because not just ps4 is more powerful but BotW artstyle is minimalistic. 

solo se hablar español

potato_hamster said:
GorillaQc said:

Wind Waker looked terrible on release and looks even worse now. What on earth are you talking about?

I dont know  where people has their eyes on. Monster Hunter World looks horrible and Wind Waker  beautiful but still not as pretty as ps1 or n64 games. Period. 

solo se hablar español

Baddman said:
-_- too obvious ..this is a stupid thread and a stupid question. Intentions of the OP are obvious unless you're an idiot

Your wrong,a stupid thread and stupid question are obvious to us idiot's too, after all stupidity is our speciality , you just have to look at all the number of replies to see where on the ball with this one.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Breath of the Wild is superior im every way.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261