By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SOTC vs BOTW - Which is graphically more impressive?

Which is graphically more impressive?

Zelda 49 41.88%

Shadow 68 58.12%

Total:117
BraLoD said:
SegataSanshiro said:
BoTW.

Not just about the style but the lush grass and how detailed the environments are and how dynamic they are. They react to weather and movement. Puddle dry up. Lighting hits metal. Trees can be cut down. Grass moves aside as you move in it and can be burned down. A static image is not a fair comparison. Botw is a living world. Sotc is just scenery backdrop. Botw has a lot of ruins and unique structures and geography as well. SotC is pretty bland.

I honestly don't think you've ever looked at SotC.

Which one? because I own it on PS2. I've seen the trailers for the new one and some screens. Not that impressed sorry.

Around the Network

If we're talking about sheer graphics, I'd go with Shadow of the Colossus. However, what I'd say is more interesting is comparing the results compared to what the console can do, and which pushes its console further. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the consoles in order to do that.

Considering SotC is pretty empty compared to Zelda, and the fact that Zelda’s world is much bigger, has better physics and is much more dynamic and interactive, I’d say Zelda any day.

But if we’re talking about visual quality only without context, I’d say SotC. But that’s not really fair. It’s like comparing GTA to Battlefield. lol

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Considering SotC is pretty empty compared to Zelda, and the fact that Zelda’s world is much bigger, has better physics and is much more dynamic and interactive, I’d say Zelda any day.

But if we’re talking about visual quality only without context, I’d say SotC. But that’s not really fair. It’s like comparing GTA to Battlefield. lol

errr, no its not zelda, ask yourself this. would wiiu ever be able to handle SOTC remake, at 1080p/60fps, wiiu wont even be able to handle it at 720/30fps, SOTC remake is a much more graphically demanding game.

BraLoD said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Which one? because I own it on PS2. I've seen the trailers for the new one and some screens. Not that impressed sorry.

It's not about being impressed, you said about BotW having lots of ruins and unique structures and geography then proceed to said SotC is bland, when SotC is filled with lot of ruins and unique structures and geography... it just makes no sense.

ANd it's bland art design. Botw is more detailed.

Around the Network

I figure it goes something along the lines of '(My preferred company of choice) looks better than (the competition)'.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Apples to Oranges.

It would make a lot more sense to compare BOTW with DQXI or Sea of Thieves.

Zelda, of course.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I have played neither. Going by videos, Shadow Of The Colossus. I doubt that would change if I were playing.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Kyuu said:
If this is purely about the technical aspect, then your thread is pointless Kerotan. SotC curbstomps.

If you're taking into account art style, then it gets subjective. And subjective here means "Most Nintendo fans choose BoTW and Sony fans SotC"

I haven't yet played BoTW or SotC remake. But SotC on PS2 is arguably the most mindblowing experience I've had in a video game. I didn't think PS2 was capable of running such a technically demanding game. I mean look at these for god's sake (If you're not too spoiler sensitive):

5th Colossus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfE5gNngVSI&t=375s
(6:15-8:00)

Final Colossus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ZGu4bRgUI&t=515s
(8:32-9:13)

Tell me how that isn't absurd!! From physics to animations, draw distance and sense of scale, to lighting solutions and particle effects. SoTC was totally off the charts considering the hardware it was made for.

As sad as this thread is, it actually sadder that some people think zelda is more technically impressive, i mean wow.