By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SOTC vs BOTW - Which is graphically more impressive?

Which is graphically more impressive?

Zelda 49 41.88%

Shadow 68 58.12%

Total:117
GOWTLOZ said:

Shadow of the Colossus and its not even close. The foliage, lighting, resolution and framerate are all superior and on top of it SOTC has incredible HDR that really pops out.

People saying Zelda is more graphically more impressive because of artstyle are deliberately spinning it into a Nintendo wins thing, when graphics are objectively better in SOTC. You can prefer either artstyle but that's not graphics, those are called visuals and graphics is a more technical term.

Yesh I clearly said graphics not art style 

BraLoD said:
Mar1217 said:

No. I would hate eating an apple that someone already took a bite in.

A banana ... it's a different question though *wink*

Haha you made me spit out my coffee 

kumangon123 said:

Are you kidding? Obviously SotC wins it has everything better. Just take a look at the  Zelda colossus.....is just gross

It should also be noted that the colloses in your pic is a lot smaller then sotc. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
kumangon123 said:

Are you kidding? Obviously SotC wins it has everything better. Just take a look at the  Zelda colossus.....is just gross

no man, that is way better than this....

I dont know how can someone say Zelda botw is MORE IMPRESSIVE GRAPHICALY than sotc, you might like the art and style more, i like zelda artstyle more too but camon, be fucking serious...

Man that second pic looks good

Around the Network

What a bait-y thread.

I think this proves my point in why debating graphics with exclusives is pointless.

Which game is graphically superior ? SotC, that's obvious.
But which game is graphically superior considering the hardware it's on ? Arguable.
Which game has the best artstyle ? Opinion.
Which game will hold up the best in 10 years ? Obviously Zelda.

Well, in my opinion Breath of the Wild is the most beautiful game in years, it's all about the art-style

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
GorillaQc said:

ehh... no.

Well Wind Waker still looks good after like 15 years. SOTC is also graphically less impressive than the original was. And the only reason the original's graphics were this good is because of the fact it's empty AND it has a horrible framerate.

GorillaQc said:
Which game is graphically superior ? SotC, that's obvious.
But which game is graphically superior considering the hardware it's on ? Arguable.
Which game has the best artstyle ? Opinion.

NO. the argument might work for DBZfighterz, but zelda already looks dated.

BoTW.

Not just about the style but the lush grass and how detailed the environments are and how dynamic they are. They react to weather and movement. Puddle dry up. Lighting hits metal. Trees can be cut down. Grass moves aside as you move in it and can be burned down. A static image is not a fair comparison. Botw is a living world. Sotc is just scenery backdrop. Botw has a lot of ruins and unique structures and geography as well. SotC is pretty bland.

well ni no kuni 2

What a sad excuse for a thread.

Let's compare Vita games to the Switch while we're at it.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides