By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you kiss your son in the mouth?

Would kiss son?

Yes 24 40.00%

No 33 55.00%

See Results 3 5.00%

Total:60

I kissed both of my parents and siblings on their lips until I was about 9? I think. All of my siblings kiss their toddler children on the lips right now.

There was nothing sexual about it. Of course Tom Brady's response to just getting a peck is weird lol.

That is all my kisses with my parents/siblings were, pecks.

If I had a kid, which I don't plan to, I would not kiss them on the lips in today's culture. Too many people assume the worst when it comes to men and children. Plus as a bisexual man I have stereotypes pertaining to that too. It is unfortunate because pecks on the lips are as affectionate/non-sexual as hugs from my perspective.

Around the Network
RJ_Sizzle said:

The first kiss I wouldn't have paid any mind. But, the SECOND kiss had me like...

This exactly ... first kiss was fairly typical parent / kid thing. That second kiss though ... I don't even kiss my girlfriend that long before leaving to go to work in the morning ...

Maybe is culture thing I don't know, parents never really did this with me, was more about a hug and maybe, just maybe a kiss on the cheek; never on the lips, and no kiss between male relatives, ever.

Not saying anything wrong here, is just comes off as weird / uncomfortable. 

thismeintiel said:
KratosLives said:
All those saying no, is because of the society they grew up with and not cause of actuall deep thought. Alot of people go with the times and expectations of the public, even if it's against what they want, out of fear of not fitting in and being looked at. For example girls choosing to shave down there or keeping some under arm hair. It's perfectly fine to have bush or under arm hair, but you grow in a society where certain expectations are in place, boys growing to men thinking its abnormal, girls afraid of being turned off.. Sorry going off topic. But a kiss on the mouth, nothing wrong with showing love or intimacy for your children. You can show love, but the line stops after hugs and a kiss. With the partner it moves into in mouth kissing and the feeling of sexual arousal and intercourse. So a kiss on the lip to your kid isnt sexual arousal or a lead up to that, so it's fine and harmless. Breast feeding ur kid for extended periods, that's another topic

Oh of course, anyone with differing opinions from yours are just mindless sheep. Get outta here with that BS. Why do think society thinks one way or another? It's because the majority thinks a certain way. Doesn't mean that they're right, but it also doesn't mean that they are wrong. Or that the people who feel  the same way are sheep. 

Seriously people don't shave because of some magical demons that'll haunt them lmao. No one likes someone with hairy pits or genitals. Df does societal expectations have to do with it.

Worst part is the first sentence - how is this a deep thought in any shape or form? I'd never kiss my kids on the mouth by my choice if they're older than 3 - screw that

I'm speaking for the majority. There is a reason why this world is as fucked as it is. Through each generation the level of thinking and ideals of what should be acceptable is getting worse. 

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
thismeintiel said:

Oh of course, anyone with differing opinions from yours are just mindless sheep. Get outta here with that BS. Why do think society thinks one way or another? It's because the majority thinks a certain way. Doesn't mean that they're right, but it also doesn't mean that they are wrong. Or that the people who feel  the same way are sheep. 

Seriously people don't shave because of some magical demons that'll haunt them lmao. No one likes someone with hairy pits or genitals. Df does societal expectations have to do with it.

Worst part is the first sentence - how is this a deep thought in any shape or form? I'd never kiss my kids on the mouth by my choice if they're older than 3 - screw t

What's wrong with it though. Hell even chuck norris does and his kids are in the 30s lol

I'm not for it...but I'm not against it. I don't believe anyone has the right to intervene with parenting.

Their household their way of life.

The only exception ofcourse is if abuse is evident.

I saw the videos and realize it's a cultural thing...so it's important to keep that in mind and respect others beliefs or practices...would I do it?

I don't have children but if I did have a son...I might kiss him on the lips when he's an infant. Emphasize might...but anything past that age?? No...but again that is my personal belief and people like Brady see it differently.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Celebrating his win in WWE

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

No, I would rather not kiss my kid on the lips. That seems like something two people who love each other romantically do, but that's me personally.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

KratosLives said:
monocle_layton said:

Worst part is the first sentence - how is this a deep thought in any shape or form? I'd never kiss my kids on the mouth by my choice if they're older than 3 - screw t

What's wrong with it though. Hell even chuck norris does and his kids are in the 30s lol

well aside from not looking good, its also more likely to smell.